PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 02:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
Question Anyone know what Sprint may replace my Evo 3D with?

My 3VO is all screwy now. Every issue I'm having at this point seems to be a hardware issue (hp jack, speaker, battery, etc...). I took it in yesterday, and they couldn't fix ANY of these issues. Unfortunately, I ran out of time, and had to leave the store ASAP. On my way out, the Sprint rep said, "Come back, and we'll see about getting it replaced."

Now...not long ago, I was told by a different rep that they no longer carry the 3VO, and don't have any to use as replacements. This is my concern. What would they replace it with?! The thing is, I don't want the 4G LTE, and I also don't want a lesser phone than I already have. I don't expect an SGSIII. In fact, after Christmas...I'm going to start saving for one. I'm no scammer.

Anyway...if I HAVE to take the 4G LTE, I will. Better than no phone, I suppose. I just wanted to know if anyone has any idea if that is what my phone will be replaced with. If so, I'm not taking this back in until it gets to the point that it won't work AT ALL...lol
Old 12-07-2012, 09:20 AM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
They won't give you either of those. They are considered upgrades from the 3d.... They will give you a list to choose from. Pick the least offensive and save for what you want.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Anyone know what Sprint may replace my Evo 3D with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
They won't give you either of those. They are considered upgrades from the 3d.... They will give you a list to choose from. Pick the least offensive and save for what you want.
Are you sure? Back when I had the 6700, and it crapped out...they replaced it with a Mogul. Then, I bought the Touch Pro. After a year and a half, it stopped charging, and the screen died out. They replaced that with the Touch Pro 2. I didn't want the TP2, either...which is why I'm a bit worried. I just want another 3VO until I have the $$ for my SGSIII....damn it....lol.

Any Sprint reps in here??
Old 12-07-2012, 04:24 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touche' View Post
Are you sure? Back when I had the 6700, and it crapped out...they replaced it with a Mogul. Then, I bought the Touch Pro. After a year and a half, it stopped charging, and the screen died out. They replaced that with the Touch Pro 2. I didn't want the TP2, either...which is why I'm a bit worried. I just want another 3VO until I have the $$ for my SGSIII....damn it....lol.

Any Sprint reps in here??
Yeah. I'm pretty sure. The s3 and evo lte are on the lte network. Doubting they'll go there with your replacement.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:29 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

First of all, who is going to be doing the replacements? sprint or asuran? If Asuran is doing the replacements they might have a 3d. When replacing phones they generally replace the phones with something of equal value. The thing about winmo phones is they kept their value in sprints system. Newer phones dont keep their value so chances are they will let you chose any phone thats free after rebate or if your lucky give you an evo lte.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-19-2012, 10:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

capthr is keeping up the good workcapthr is keeping up the good work

As of 2 weeks ago Asurion had 3D's. a few months ago they were giving the SG ll.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC-6800 Mogul Sprint

re_mogul is a n00b

My EVO 3D was acting really screwy too. Sprint replaced it with another EVO 3D the second week of January. The replacement phone had call quality issues. They then replaced EVO 3D with the EVO 4G LTE. I've had the 4g LTE for about 2 weeks now. I was talking to the tech when he ordered the 4g LTE as a replacement for my phone and he was surprised it was listed as a replacement for the EVO 3D, he said it had just been added to the list of phones they could issue as a replacement for the EVO 3D. I dealt with Sprint at one of their repair centers.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by re_mogul View Post
My EVO 3D was acting really screwy too. Sprint replaced it with another EVO 3D the second week of January. The replacement phone had call quality issues. They then replaced EVO 3D with the EVO 4G LTE. I've had the 4g LTE for about 2 weeks now. I was talking to the tech when he ordered the 4g LTE as a replacement for my phone and he was surprised it was listed as a replacement for the EVO 3D, he said it had just been added to the list of phones they could issue as a replacement for the EVO 3D. I dealt with Sprint at one of their repair centers.

Hope this helps.
Nice! I didn't want one of those, but at this point, I don't even care anymore. I'll take anything...even an OG Evo. This thing is useless now. I put a synergy rom rls 1 on it, and it's been awful since day one, but I haven't been able to flash to anything else. I'm sure I messed up the the whole thing in the beginning when I rooted it... Either way, now I can't seem to get ANY other Rom, and I just want ICS. I've had a lot of people say do this, and that...and when it doesn't work, they can't understand why. Even a guy over at XDA couldn't figure out what was going on with this thing.

I've given people all the info on my rom, kernel, etc... People have told me about GooManager, and that doesn't work anymore, either.

Oh, well... I doubt it will matter soon. Looks like there's a good chance i'll be working at Sprint soon.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

How bizarre. As I hit the 'Submit' button for that last post, the manager from Sprint called, and told me I was hired! So, this topic is now irrelevant. lol

Seriously, though...thanks for the replies, people. I appreciate them!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D