PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 08:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

killerz298 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Force Facebook contact sync

I just updated my Sprint Evo 3d to ICS last night and before I learned that you can't see Facebook contact images in 3rd party apps without some tinkering I deleted my gmail and Facebook accounts from the phone thinking that would help. When I put my accounts back Facebook only automatically linked half of my contacts. I selected the option to sync with existing contacts. Is there any way to get it to automatically link the rest? I don't want to manually link 100+ contacts. Is there a way to manually trigger the linking? Also, I don't know if it matters, but before the ICS update I had Facebook and Facebook for sense on the phone. Now it is only Facebook.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1
Re: Force Facebook contact sync

I don’t have a 3D anymore. I didn’t have ICS either. And I don’t remember where the option is on Gingerbread, but try searching for link contacts on your phone or user manual. Or check out all options in contacts. I know it’s there somewhere. From there you have the option to link 1 by 1 or link all.
Hope that helps.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

killerz298 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 View Post
I don’t have a 3D anymore. I didn’t have ICS either. And I don’t remember where the option is on Gingerbread, but try searching for link contacts on your phone or user manual. Or check out all options in contacts. I know it’s there somewhere. From there you have the option to link 1 by 1 or link all.
Hope that helps.
Thanks for the help but that was EXACTLY what I was trying to prevent. I know how to link them all manually 1 by 1 but I don't want to do that. I am looking for a way to trigger the automatic link detection but I can't find it anywhere in any of the options.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerz298 View Post
Thanks for the help but that was EXACTLY what I was trying to prevent. I know how to link them all manually 1 by 1 but I don't want to do that. I am looking for a way to trigger the automatic link detection but I can't find it anywhere in any of the options.
Unfortunately I don't remember but again it's link one by one or link all. So the link all option should be there. It is on my ELTE. And it automatically triggers to check for linkable contacts. then I have option to link 1 by one or link all..
Old 08-07-2012, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

killerz298 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 View Post
Unfortunately I don't remember but again it's link one by one or link all. So the link all option should be there. It is on my ELTE. And it automatically triggers to check for linkable contacts. then I have option to link 1 by one or link all..
Yeah unfortunately it isn't coming up with the auto prompt. I don't know why.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

killerz298 is a n00b

In case anyone cares, it took about 48 hours and last night I received the prompt suggesting I link contacts. I have no idea why it would take so long to trigger but all is well in the world now. Thanks to those who tried to help.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D