PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g LTE
Carrier: sprint

avery202 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
recovery mode evo 3d

im trying root my evo 3d i have it unlocked but its s-on i have hboot 1.50. and i can get n recovery mode it just turns the phone back on
Old 04-08-2012, 04:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: recovery mode evo 3d

twrp-shooter-2.0.0RC0.1.img
Download the above file. Turn off your device. Turn on the device and keep holding volume down until a menu shows up. Select fasboot from the menu list. Plug the device into your computer. If you have the right drivers installed, your screen should now say FASTBOOT USB. Run the following command via the command line:
fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img
Note that you will need to change the last part to match the name of the file that you just downloaded. This method requires that you have the drivers installed that come with the HTC Sync software that are available here. You will also need adb and fastboot for your computer.

OR

PG86IMG-twrp-shooter-2.0.0RC0.1.zip
Download the above file. Using a file manager such as Astro or ES Explorer (both free in the market), rename the file to PG86IMG.zip (capitalization matters!) Turn off your device. Turn on your device and hold volume down the entire time that it is booting. Once the screen comes up, it will scan the sdcard for the PG86IMG.zip. Tell it to install. Once it is done, tell it to power off. Power on your device and let it boot android normally. Use your file manager to delete or rename the zip file. You can now reboot to recovery and use your bootloader normally.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 04-08-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g LTE
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

avery202 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

thanks karl but it didnt work the 1st part didnt do nothing i tryed the 2nd part started scanning n came back failed i tryed it 3 time now a have rooted my old evo 4g before so i have a lil idea of what im doing if u lived n the dmv area i would just bring it to u
Old 04-08-2012, 06:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

the phone boots up OS right? if so use rom manager from the market to restore recovery

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D