PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 12:37 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Looking for 2.08.651.3 RUU

Was rooted and went back to stock. Now i can't get twrp, cw or anyother recovery to flash over or adb push. did twrp 1.1.0 as zip on sd and the phone says that the current recovery is older than the one i want to flash oand wont flash it. 2.0 is a no go either. Searched www for a few days now and cant find RUU or the stock recovery for download.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Looking for 2.08.651.3 RUU

if you have hboot 1.5 you have to flash recovery threw fastboot

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2154352-post28.html

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 01-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
Was rooted and went back to stock. Now i can't get twrp, cw or anyother recovery to flash over or adb push. did twrp 1.1.0 as zip on sd and the phone says that the current recovery is older than the one i want to flash oand wont flash it. 2.0 is a no go either. Searched www for a few days now and cant find RUU or the stock recovery for download.
Did you try to flash TWRP2.0 via zip, were you running 2.0 already? How about using 2.08.651.2 from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2105706-post1.html
Old 01-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Well I found ROMS Stock ROMS - Downloads - Scott's ROMS
Turns out my micro usb on phone is shot. I got twrp 2.0 loaded, flashed a rom just to find out you need to get adb fastboot to reboot into bootloader to flash to the boot img of phone to mod the kernel for wifi tether on 1.50 so I used Flash GUI to flash anthraX kernel and stil no wifi. Now my camera screen is nothing but lines on stock camera, scanner, but not on an app camera fun (or something) some searching lead me to find that if I run the RUU and at first screen if I go to C: and find temp files i can find the update.zip and no go, even with a search of my pc it's stil nowhere to be found. So I searched more and found that an exe extractor will let me get the update zip out of the RUU. That didn't work either. I don't know if the kernel messed up my cam or the 2.17 update did it. But trying to get back to stock is becoming a nightmare since adb wireless will connect to device, but when I send commands, it just sits at "waiting for device"
Old 01-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I remember on my old windows mobile devices, you could use winRAR to extract files out of the RUU, why can't i do it with android RUU?
Old 01-25-2012, 02:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post

I ran the RUU just the other day and flashed the twrp with no issues at all..

it has to be lables PG86IMG.zip and on the root of your sd card then reboot into bootloader and it will flash it no problem...
Old 02-27-2012, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

reaper24 knows their stuffreaper24 knows their stuffreaper24 knows their stuffreaper24 knows their stuffreaper24 knows their stuffreaper24 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
I ran the RUU just the other day and flashed the twrp with no issues at all..

it has to be lables PG86IMG.zip and on the root of your sd card then reboot into bootloader and it will flash it no problem...
I like to use the EXE RUU works just as well and you don't have to remove the PC86IMG afterwards..

If you like my work or the guides I make feel free to drop me a thanks.. Coffee also liked to lol.. Here to help.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: agadfgd
Carrier: google

wsxcc00 is a n00b

So I searched more and found that an exe extractor will let me get the update zip out of the RUU.[IMG]http://www.********************[/IMG]
Old 03-18-2012, 03:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsxcc00 View Post
So I searched more and found that an exe extractor will let me get the update zip out of the RUU.[IMG]http://www.********************[/IMG]
all you need to do is run the exe, then dont close it out and look in temp folder on you windows machine for the rom.zip

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D