PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 07:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Palndrm12 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone regretting the HTC root method?

Wondering if anyone has had any issues after rooting with the HTC method? I am thinking about rooting but don't really want HTC knowing about it.

Also does anyone know if this affects the insurance on the phone that is purchased separately through Sprint?
Old 10-19-2011, 08:10 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Re: Anyone regretting the HTC root method?

I never did the HTC root thing because I wanted to be in control. This does void you warranty unless you run your 3D over to the point they can't tell it was rooted.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Palndrm12 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
I never did the HTC root thing because I wanted to be in control. This does void you warranty unless you run your 3D over to the point they can't tell it was rooted.
I wish I wouldn't have upgraded. Didn't realize the development would stop on S-off after HTC posted their unlock or I wouldn't have updated.

I do recognize that the warranty is voided was curious about the separately purchased phone insurance though. I did however think about total distruction if anything went wrong if I did decide to use the HTC method.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:16 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Yep, I waited for 1.5 bust, but I think development stop. So I end up doing the 1.5 last week and my phone is rooted now but the S is still on. OH well.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

I have HTC root method done my my current phone. I got a replacement because I had other issues. How do put stock sprint rom..so I can return the damage device.

In past I had send back 10+ TP2 unlocked with Mighty and Energy roms. This is my first evo3d..rooted and trying to send back to Sprint. I am not sure if they are strict or will give me hard time returning rooted device.

Last edited by furiousgtz; 11-08-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:44 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousgtz View Post
I have HTC root method done my my current phone. I got a replacement because I had other issues. How do put stock sprint rom..so I can return the damage device.

In past I had send back 10+ TP2 unlocked with Mighty and Energy roms. This is my first evo3d..rooted and trying to send back to Sprint. I am not sure if they are strict or will give me hard time returning rooted device.
Here's a nice tutorial that should get you S-ON and back to stock.. [HOW TO] S-ON and revert to stock for beginners V1.0 - xda-developers

Actually here's one so you don't even need to leave ppcgeeks.. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-3d...ecovery-s.html

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 11-09-2011 at 01:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

I actually I ended up using the rootevo3dnew.zip tool. I had to tell the phone to relock..going in CMD. I ran the stock RUU and it works..Thanks!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sgniwder is just getting started

No regrets here...
Old 11-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D, EVO 4G

bwilliams is a n00b
I did the HTC Unlock Method and no issues here, need to boot recovery from fast-boot using terminal on computer to flash kernels but that is no big deal, I am running OMJ latest ROM with modded kernel and all is good.

Sent from my PG86100 using PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D