PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

oppman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cancel your Sprint contract with no ETF (9/9/11-10/9/11)

Looks like there is another chance for anyone not happy with an evo3d to get out contract...Sprint had stated that they are increasing their administrative fee to $1.50/line. This is considered a change in the terms of service and will allow you 30 days from the date it's put into effect to cancel your contract without penalty. So if you just got a new shiny contract for upgrading to the evo3d this is your way to get out or go month to month.

Tons of people are reporting success in the Slickdeals.net. Maybe this info can help someone here.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

RED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuff
Re: Cancel your Sprint contract with no ETF (9/9/11-10/9/11)

I haven't looked into these much before, does cancelling your contract/way to get out/month-to-month all or any mean you are also dropping your sprint service? Or is this in effect resetting your $150 upgrade availability to immediate?
Old 09-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 8100
Carrier: ATT

Gix1k is a n00b

I did this last time they changed their fees. I moved to ATT for an iPhone. Then came back for the first EVO. I will be placing a call and seeing if I can get back on a month to month due to this increase. I am seriously considering leaving Sprint again soon for the iPhone 5, if they don't get it. I am torn due to unlimited data while capped everywhere else.

It WORKS!!!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Lurker

Gix1k is a n00b

OK - I just did the online chat and rep told me he would cancel me w/out an ETF, but he would not take me back to month to month. I then said "So basically, you rather lose two lines of service all together than put me back on a month to month contract and retain me as a customer". He said, I'll forward your concern to the appropriate dept and you will receive a call within 2 hours.
We'll see how that goes. If they refuse to do it...what my plan will be is wait until October 5th or so when it's very close to iphone 5 time and call back. If they continue to refuse, I will cancel effective my billing date which will be around late October. iPhone should be out by then. Then i'll get that.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

duck9191 is becoming a great contributor

my guess is that they are estimating most of these to be empty threats just to get out of a obligation so there probably wont me much effort to save the line. if you called complaining about the administrative fee being raised then maybe it would be considered more legit. the only way to get out of your contract would be to terminate service i would imagine, since by just removing the contract doesnt do either side any good when considering its all because of a fee, your still paying it. basically they are saying "if you don't like it, go else were" lol

Evo 3d
Evo
touch pro 2
Old 09-08-2011, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Where do you see this stated increase? I want to call but I don't want to be like "I just read about it on a website..."
Old 09-08-2011, 02:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No go for me. They are telling me they don't have to let you out of contract for this change.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

goose21 is a n00b

would this work if i got a new contract new service?? when it came out?
Old 09-08-2011, 02:42 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

a contract is a contract....if they change the terms, you should be able to get out of the contract no matter how long you've been with them.

don't bother calling CS, go straight to retentions 877-775-4886
Old 09-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Lurker

Gix1k is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
No go for me. They are telling me they don't have to let you out of contract for this change.
They lied to you. Call back. They did this same thing a couple years ago. I got me and my wife out scott free and we went to ATT for iPhones. We then came back for EVO 4G

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D