PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

goose21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cancel your Sprint contract with no ETF (9/9/11-10/9/11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
a contract is a contract....if they change the terms, you should be able to get out of the contract no matter how long you've been with them.

don't bother calling CS, go straight to retentions 877-775-4886

thanks small question again do they get the phone back or do we keep it?
Old 09-08-2011, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
a contract is a contract....if they change the terms, you should be able to get out of the contract no matter how long you've been with them.

don't bother calling CS, go straight to retentions 877-775-4886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gix1k View Post
They lied to you. Call back. They did this same thing a couple years ago. I got me and my wife out scott free and we went to ATT for iPhones. We then came back for EVO 4G
I spoke to retentions and they refused to let me out. Spoke to a manager and the manager also refused. The manager then "escalated it" and some other manager took over. They refused to let me out also. They said they have been instructed by corporate not to let anyone out of contract over this.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Threadstarter

oppman is becoming a great contributor

they HAVE to let you out of contract because this is a change to the contract, the benefit is that you don't have to pay the fine to get out contract.

When You Don't Have To Pay An Early Termination Fee
You aren't responsible for paying an Early Termination Fee when terminating Services: (a) provided on a month-to-month basis; (b) consistent with our published trial period return policy; or (c) in response to a materially adverse change we make to the Agreement as described directly below.

Our Right To Change The Agreement & Your Related Rights
We may change any part of the Agreement at any time, including, but not limited to, rates, charges, how we calculate charges, or your terms of Service. We will provide you notice of material changes—and may provide you notice of non-material changes—in a manner consistent with this Agreement (see "Providing Notice To Each Other Under The Agreement" section). If a change we make to the Agreement is material and has a material adverse effect on Services under your Term Commitment, you may terminate each line of Service materially affected without incurring an Early Termination Fee only if you: (a) call us within 30 days after the effective date of the change; and (b) specifically advise us that you wish to cancel Services because of a material change to the Agreement that we have made. If you do not cancel Service within 30 days of the change, an Early Termination Fee will apply if you terminate Services before the end of any applicable Term Commitment.

this is per thier terms and conditions.

Terms & Conditions. ( this is the link on their site that backs this up)

the notice will be on your next bill.

Administrative Charge Increase &Terms & Conditions Changes for Consumers
Effective 9/9/11, the Administrative Chargewill increase to $1.50 per line for customersthat receive the charge. For details, visitsprint.com/taxesandfees. In addition, theSprint consumer Terms (Ts&Cs) are changing. Please review them carefully at your local Sprint store or sprint.com/termsandconditions

New contract can be found at - Terms & Conditions ndconditions#sept9

Sprint will increase the ETF fee to $350 for all contracts effective September 9, 2011.

You have until 9-30-11 to completely cancel your services without getting an ETF if you cite the reason being the increase in the Administrative Charge.
They will not allow you to just cancel your contract and go month to month. People who are claiming that they achieved this need to make sure their service isn't slated for complete termination or after 30 days of continuing your service you will be put back under your existing contract.

Sprint has an Executive Office that can do anything they want to do. Every time I have a problem that the normal CS can't fix I call them and BAM it's done!

Call (866) 727-0665 and ask for executive customer service. They are really helpful!*
this is all copied paste form the Slickdeals.net post with tons of success stories there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 8100
Carrier: ATT

Gix1k is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
I spoke to retentions and they refused to let me out. Spoke to a manager and the manager also refused. The manager then "escalated it" and some other manager took over. They refused to let me out also. They said they have been instructed by corporate not to let anyone out of contract over this.
Very odd. First guy I spoke with was ready to cancel me right on the spot, but I don't want that. I want month to month!
Old 09-09-2011, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Your Moms

soaknfused is becoming a great contributor

Does anyone know if this works on a per line basis? I presently have 5 lines and 2 of them are for family members that are no longer using their phones as they decided to get their own plans to get an iphone and stuck me with paying for their lines until the contracts for those lines is up.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Threadstarter

oppman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by soaknfused View Post
Does anyone know if this works on a per line basis? I presently have 5 lines and 2 of them are for family members that are no longer using their phones as they decided to get their own plans to get an iphone and stuck me with paying for their lines until the contracts for those lines is up.
if they mark your contract as complete, you should be able to remove those lines... def worth a try. worse scenarios leave.... i mean paying for 2 extra lines you dont use will add up quick!
Old 09-10-2011, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

saibot is keeping up the good worksaibot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by soaknfused View Post
That's odd. I had a gf I got a line for. Did a contract and she got a smartphone for the reduced price. When it was over I went to Sprint to remove her from my plan and it was not an issue. No ETF. Perhaps it depends on who you talk to. Calling can sometimes go differently than going to the store.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i like my 25% discount but i still think i pay to much. to bad they dont regulate it like in europe
Old 09-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

goose21 is a n00b

so i called in today and they said that i missed the no etf by a few days are they right or do they just not wanna cut off my contract?
Old 09-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Cancel your Sprint contract with no ETF (9/9/11-10/9/11)

They are playing games lol. Keep trying you will get someone who will understand.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D