PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 02:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Speeeddemon99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Speeeddemon99 Send a message via Yahoo to Speeeddemon99
Re: Evo 3D Software Update August !8

What's the point of the screen shot? LOL someone fill me in.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Raheinm

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

the screen shot works.. hold the power button first then hit home and it save to your photos
Old 08-20-2011, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

sexipink is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeeddemon99 View Post
What's the point of the screen shot? LOL someone fill me in.
Ummm just what it says, to take a screen shot.... You know, to take a picture of your screen
Old 08-20-2011, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Here is my situation. I am having problems with my 3d going to roaming when it shouldn't (even sometimes when I am at home and I have an airave). My data speeds are no where near as consistent as my Touch Pro 2 was. Eventually I do want to root my 3d using the non HTC method. I am guessing that rooting my 3d and installing the correct software will solve my connection issues. But I am also wondering if doing the OTA update will also solve my connection issues. Also if I decide to do the OTA update will there be a way in the future to root my 3d or will I be stuck using the HTC method? Also I hope I don't just have a defective 3d as it does get hot sometimes. I have to do something about the connection issues soon. What do you guys recommend?
Old 08-20-2011, 01:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Arrow Re: Evo 3D Software Update August !8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx View Post
Here is my situation. I am having problems with my 3d going to roaming when it shouldn't (even sometimes when I am at home and I have an airave). My data speeds are no where near as consistent as my Touch Pro 2 was. Eventually I do want to root my 3d using the non HTC method. I am guessing that rooting my 3d and installing the correct software will solve my connection issues. But I am also wondering if doing the OTA update will also solve my connection issues. Also if I decide to do the OTA update will there be a way in the future to root my 3d or will I be stuck using the HTC method? Also I hope I don't just have a defective 3d as it does get hot sometimes. I have to do something about the connection issues soon. What do you guys recommend?
using the OTA might fix your issue cause it included radios as for root after the OTA if you want to root im sure another non-htc root method will come around but how long is the real question

and if you root now you can do everything that OTA can do for you but keep root in the process, you can flash the OTA radios alone to see if it fixes the issue your having

another thing you can try is roam control from the market ( root is not needed)
Roam Control | AppBrain Android Market

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 08-20-2011, 02:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Speeeddemon99 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Speeeddemon99 Send a message via Yahoo to Speeeddemon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexipink View Post
Ummm just what it says, to take a screen shot.... You know, to take a picture of your screen
Oh so its kinda pointless. LOL thanks
Old 08-20-2011, 02:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceNOLO View Post
The instructions I first read, told me to hold the power button then press the home key. This did nothing and I was confused. If you press both the home key and the power button together, the screen will flash, you'll hear the camera "Click" (if enabled) and you will also see a notification at the bottom of the screen saying the screen shot was added to your camera shots. This is a useful feature
I apparently took like 3 screen shots by accident, I was wondering why I had screen shots in my gallery, now I know why and how to do it, Thanks Guys! ...Haaa!!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 3D

tomperanteau is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to tomperanteau Send a message via Yahoo to tomperanteau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeeddemon99 View Post
Oh so its kinda pointless. LOL thanks
Pointless if you don't know what to do with it. Very useful if you do.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Raheinm

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

hey please try this.. open up the camera and try to turn on the front facing camera and let me know if it works or if it turns your back camera upside down.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

HUH? It turns the front facing camera on. Does yours just rotate the screen?
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D