PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 05:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

fsturniolo is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is the EVO 3D really worth it?

yup...and still really do like it. Been a WM user for several phones, and thought android was a toy when it first arrived. Don't like what I'm hearing about WM7, was tempted by all the buzz about the evo4g but couldn't part with my TP2. But now it's getting pretty long in the tooth, and the sluggishness is really getting to me...so I'm thinking about the evo3d. I'm just hesitant because it doesn't feel like the 3d is generating all that much buzz (aside from the 3d gimmick), and I've read it's just a stop gap for HTC until the next generation of phones come out. Had my hands on one in the store and liked the feel and the looks of it. I'll probably pop for it in the next few weeks...just had to do a hard reset again on my TP2!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, Touch pro 2, EVO 4G, EVO3D
Carrier: sprint

madcowmilau is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is the EVO 3D really worth it?

I didn't think dropping to 40% was so bad, considering how much i use my phone and what I do with it. I personally have no complaints. I have a solar charger that I have the option to use when going for a hike in the woods or if i'm at the beach and of course my car charger is always available.

"id rather pay a little extra to be able to use my phone to is maximum potential than worry about it dying halfway through the day. With the extended battery I use everything to the max and only drop to about 40 at night. (7am - 10:30 / 11pm) heavy use: auto brightness, bluetooth, gps, wifi, use latitude throughout the day, lots of web use, some video chat, lots of pic/video taking and uploading (facebook, google +) music, occasional movie, trapster, facebook, twitter, news feeds, sprint protection app (set at 10 minutes), NPR audio feeds, gasbuddy, live wallpaper (for my photos), photo lockscreen..."
all animations

http://madcowmilau.blogspot.com/
http://www.google.com/profiles/madcowmilau

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D