PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 01:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

504 Refugee is keeping up the good work504 Refugee is keeping up the good work504 Refugee is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to switch from Clockwork to TWRP?

Can someone tell me how to switch from CWM to TWRP?

I'm not sure exactly what I've done but now when I have phone off and hold down volume down and power it bring s me to the white screen, but won't give me the option to get into recovery...

Its only gives me the option to update yes or no...
Old 08-08-2011, 02:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

seedogg knows their stuffseedogg knows their stuffseedogg knows their stuffseedogg knows their stuffseedogg knows their stuffseedogg knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: How to switch from Clockwork to TWRP?

Just download TWRP and rename it to PG86IMG.zip. Put it in the root of your SD card. Power up like you are going to enter recovery. It will find PG86IMG.zip before it enters recovery and ask you if you want to update. This is probably where you are at. Just select yes and it will write TWRP over ClockworkMod. Make sure to delete or rename PG86IMG.zip when you boot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Use quick boot from the market to get to hboot that's how you'll load the zip.

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 08-08-2011, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

504 Refugee is keeping up the good work504 Refugee is keeping up the good work504 Refugee is keeping up the good work

Thanks guys, seems like my issue was I wasn't deleting the PG86IMG.zip... all good now!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:51 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

thread moved to EVO 3D general.....please don't start question threads in the development forum.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 Refugee View Post
Can someone tell me how to switch from CWM to TWRP?

I'm not sure exactly what I've done but now when I have phone off and hold down volume down and power it bring s me to the white screen, but won't give me the option to get into recovery...

Its only gives me the option to update yes or no...

Dude ill address your question after I give you some advice. UNROOT YOUR PHONE AND DONT TRY IT AGAIN!!!! The fact your even asking this question when your phone is doing what its doing means you are not experienced enough to be rooting. Sorry to be blunt but but you need to get the point across. You are going to end up bricking your phone if you cant understand why its doing what its doing. What it is doing is grade school stuff.

well nm it looks like he figured it out. Seriously dude be careful and dont brick your phone.

Last edited by dcperdue; 08-13-2011 at 03:58 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcperdue View Post
Dude ill address your question after I give you some advice. UNROOT YOUR PHONE AND DONT TRY IT AGAIN!!!! The fact your even asking this question when your phone is doing what its doing means you are not experienced enough to be rooting. Sorry to be blunt but but you need to get the point across. You are going to end up bricking your phone if you cant understand why its doing what its doing. What it is doing is grade school stuff.

well nm it looks like he figured it out. Seriously dude be careful and dont brick your phone.
So you dig up this post that was already resolved... 3 days later... to say absolutely nothing that's beneficial to the outcome of the thread...

Then you're worried about something that doesn't concern you, you don't know me... Didn't pay for my phone... Wasn't sent a private message or nothing... Just took it upon yourself to jump in this matter...

Even though you clearly say I'll answer the question once I give you some advice... you never answer the question... Just took this as a chance to add your own negativity to the world...

You must be Republican...

Forgive me for having the audacity not to know something and then asking for assistance...

"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Voltaire
Old 08-13-2011, 11:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcperdue View Post

Dude this isn't xda if your not going be helpful don't post

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D