PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 01:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Sprint

4funonline is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet Pass-Through - Hell, with brand new HTC EVO 3D

Just purchased a new HTC EVO 3D yesterday. First Android phone I've owned, previously had a "Q", and I started right in on getting it up and running. However it will not let me piggy back off my laptops internet connection via the USB. The error message I get says something like "another phone is either using sync...and make sure my firewall was setup properly"

I've tried to force it to use it by disabling "Mobile Network" within "Wireless & Networks" and checked the checkbox that comes up when you connect the USB cable requesting "Internet Pass-Through". I restarted the phone while keeping it hooked to the cable. I even tried to Sync it, which it did and then changed the checkbox to "Internet Pass-Through", Sync disconnected and said "no devices were connected" but the 3D wouldn't connect to the laptops hardlined internet connection. Heck I even turned off Windows Firewall after checking "Wireless Portable Devices" and adding "HTC Sync" to the safe programs list within Windows Firewall. I don't have AV installed nor any other firwall software/hardware involved. As of right now the "Internet Pass-Through" option under "Wireless & Networks" is greyed out. Not sure why. The USB cable is hooked up and I do see a little USB icon in the top left of the screen. Under "Connect to PC" the "Default connection type" is set to "Internet Pass-through."

My system is 64 bit running Windows 7 Home Premium. What am I doing wrong? I've spent several hours trying to figure this out. All I want to do is download the Spiderman movie and some apps. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Note: I just connected the USB cable but chose "Charge Only" once I did that I went into "Wireless & Networks" and chose "Internet Pass-Through" and it appears to be working!!! For some reason however it won't download the Spiderman Game but is downloading some updates via "WiFi or Cable Only"....

Last edited by 4funonline; 07-31-2011 at 02:15 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

4funonline is a n00b
Re: Internet Pass-Through - Hell, with brand new HTC EVO 3D

OK, I think it is just buggy since it is currently working with the config I listed above in "Note:" As for Spiderman I think the app itself doesn't have the option to download via USB. Could be wrong. I've seen "Wifi", "Carrier", "4G" I'm guessing Carrier is Sprint.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 3d
Carrier: KOKANET

lucky.makirere is a n00b
Smile Re: Internet Pass-Through - Hell, with brand new HTC EVO 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4funonline View Post
OK, I think it is just buggy since it is currently working with the config I listed above in "Note:" As for Spiderman I think the app itself doesn't have the option to download via USB. Could be wrong. I've seen "Wifi", "Carrier", "4G" I'm guessing Carrier is Sprint.
Apparently the internet pass through does work. You will notice that if you use your internet browser on your htc while connected to internet pass through, it will work. But im also trying to find an alternative for downloading apps aswell.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Rogers

KalenStone is a n00b
Re: Internet Pass-Through - Hell, with brand new HTC EVO 3D

I'm having the same problem.

HTC Evo 3D will not connect to this computer (Windows VISTA) to allow the internet pass-through. It will for a few moments, then cut out. Restart each, restart one or the other, reinstalled HTC Sync program and all the drivers. Still won't work or will intermittently and randmly.

BUT

It will work without problem on my Windows 7 computer though.

The issue isn't with the phone or the associated programming. It is with Windows Vista.

I've tried the same with other computers, both Vista and 7, always with the same results.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D