PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rnunez is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Did you get an Airave?

I got one also. I was talking to a CS rep. about anothr problem and my call was breaking up.I told him my home signal was very weak and that this happens a lot.He offered one free. I got it in two days and it works great.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:41 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Threadstarter

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I wonder if the reason they didn't offer one is because I can't get reception at work. I get reception at home but it does jump from 0 to 3 bars which I think is killing my battery.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
I got one and didn't even need it.

I'm on the line with them now getting mine sent out. Do i need it no BUT hey who knows i just might one day!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:17 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Did they ask you for your address or anything to try to figure out why you needed it?
Old 07-17-2011, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc tp
Carrier: sprint

ymarker is a n00b

Not sure what the big deal with this is. I got the Airave for free (no monthly charge/free equipment/no shipping; but do have to return it if I ever leave sprint). I'm on SERO btw. Keep in mind that the device works through your internet connection.. Atleast in the one that I got recently there is no way to limit the number of users, So I'm helping out my entire local neighborhood on my dime as I have crappy comcast that limits my usage. Granted the device even at full steam with all connections going won't drain my bandwidth substantially, nevertheless. It also has a VOIP connection but is not active on my device. Doesn't really matter as I have OOMA.

Also the device typically has a GPS antenna that needs to be connected unless you put the airave by the window.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:18 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I finally got one by playing it dumb. I started a chat session saying I couldn't lock a signal and he said let me check some settings to see if he could solve the issues. I said that I'd read on the forums the airave was helpful to 3D customers. I asked what the airave was. After explained what it was, I asked if he thought that would solve my signal problem. He said yes that would fix the issue and they turned me over to support after he made a note in my file that I needed an airave.

Last edited by boe; 07-17-2011 at 06:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
$20 charge? What charge is that? Even the old ones only had a $4.99 charge and the new airvanas are free.
Original charge for Airave was $4.99 per month when it was simply a service they were trying to sell.

$20 was for unlimmited minutes. Basically when you use Airave to call it didn't use any of you minutes with the $20 plan
Old 07-18-2011, 11:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

whitestormy is a n00b

i have an airave but i got it quite a while before getting my 3vo. i just called and told them i get crap service when i am at my house whether it be inside, basement, garage, driveway, etc. but get good reception in most other areas, which is all true. they look at their coverage map and said well you are in our coverage area so we'll send you one free of charge with no monthly fees. up to 5 phones can be connected to it at any time and works great.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Hero

rocky123 is a n00b

ok i also got one as well and heres a nice little plus for those who really don't need it get it wait 1 month now seeing they add a new phone number to your account so you can use the airrave that line gets a phone credit after a couple of weeks so right now i have a 150.00 phone upgrade credit on the airave line wait 2 more weeks tell them your sending it back keep the phone line and get yourself a shiny new evo3d kool
Old 07-19-2011, 12:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 3d

sundevil07 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky123 View Post
ok i also got one as well and heres a nice little plus for those who really don't need it get it wait 1 month now seeing they add a new phone number to your account so you can use the airrave that line gets a phone credit after a couple of weeks so right now i have a 150.00 phone upgrade credit on the airave line wait 2 more weeks tell them your sending it back keep the phone line and get yourself a shiny new evo3d kool

Lol, i tried that little upgrade trick...it doesnt work, and i spent hours trying to use it, eventually account services ended up giving me a full upgrade. HOWEVER, the airrave upgrade eligibility is illusory and when you try and put a phone on that line, the activation system doesnt know what to do with it. I tried at a sprint store, best buy, and over the phone to no avail. Transferring the upgrade to another line doesnt work either.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D