PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ppclover2 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Did you get an Airave?

i mentioned hearing about others recieving them due to poor evo3d signals and he was more than willing to give me one upon request
Old 07-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D
Carrier: Sprint

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

I got one long time ago. I don't need it anymore I get good signal in my new apartment. Just call sprint tell them you are having signal problem in your apt/house they will send you airwave for free. You do have to return the device after you switch career or you will get charge. speak to tech support or retention. it wont hurt to tell them you have a friend who had similar problem and sprint was able to give airave.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
I called because I couldn't get signal - they gave me a ticket number and I'm bringing it to a repair center today. I know someone else who can't make calls from the same location on her EVO 3D. It is frustrating to spend an hour on the phone with them and they produce nothing and now I'm going to a repair center where they'll probably give me a replacement phone which if it helps great if not that will be a lot of wasted time as you know it is never a 5 minute visit when you go to a Sprint repair center (at least not the one I go to - they alway say come back in an hour and then say so and so went on a break and didn't look at your phone yet).
Thats fucked up. I was going to ask them for one but they offered it without me saying a word.

I would call back and ask them for one before taking it to the repair center. Did you ask for one? Just like anything in customer service... Its all on who you get.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 07-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
$20 charge? What charge is that? Even the old ones only had a $4.99 charge and the new airvanas are free.
The $20 per month charge is to have up to three devices use the Airave for unlimited incoming and outgoing calls. I used it for my son and two daughters, all of whom are teenagers, to save money on my bill each month. Now that they are older and have their own accounts (or most of them), I no longer needed the Airave.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:16 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Threadstarter

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

They looked at my phone briefly and ended up giving me another phone. I should know by Tuesday if it helps or not. I have until the 29th to return my phone.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:40 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I'm looking at my replacement phone and it is waffling between 0 bars and 3 bars just like my previous one. Anyone care to share the jist of their chat session (I don't need names) to see how I should approach this so I can try to get an airave?
Old 07-17-2011, 12:43 AM
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I'm looking at my replacement phone and it is waffling between 0 bars and 3 bars just like my previous one. Anyone care to share the jist of their chat session (I don't need names) to see how I should approach this so I can try to get an airave?
Just call them up and say "Hey look... I am having issues with reception at my house with this phone. All my other phones work fine. I got a new phone today and its still having reception issues. I have read other people have a received a device called an Airave to help with this issue. Is something we should explore?"

Thats how I would go at it at this point. I also did not do it in chat, I did it over the phone.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:45 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Thanks -did you make your call after hours or on a weekend or business hours on a weekday? I'm wondering if your likelyhood of getting a helpful person depends on the time you contact them.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:50 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Thanks -did you make your call after hours or on a weekend or business hours on a weekday? I'm wondering if your likelyhood of getting a helpful person depends on the time you contact them.
I doubt date and time would make a diff. I called them today right before I posted about it. That was about Noon Central time.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
The $20 per month charge is to have up to three devices use the Airave for unlimited incoming and outgoing calls. I used it for my son and two daughters, all of whom are teenagers, to save money on my bill each month. Now that they are older and have their own accounts (or most of them), I no longer needed the Airave.
Oh yeah, forgot about that add on service. Shoot, I've never gone over my minutes and my teen texts more than she's ever called. TG for unl. texting. I don't think she realizes that it can be used for PHONE calls too.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D