Since it looks like we are getting closer to HTC unlocking these phones, I figure we should all post what we'd like the dev's to fix or improve while creating custom ROMs. Here is my list (I am also adding other good ones from users to make it easier to see - thanks Boe!):
- Reduce the sensitivity of the bottom row capacitive buttons (Would be nice to disable them completely when in camera mode)
- Free wifi tether
- Speed up downloads
- Louder speaker volume
- Capacitive button dimmer
- Screen capture
- LONGER LASTING BATTERY!!!
- Customize the number of pages in the rotating initial screens
- Fix reception issues (although I don't seem to have any issues with that)
- Fix charging issues (I've noticed that using different chargers make a big difference in charging speed)
- Call history that has the time of each call
- Add voice listing of contact addresses in the directions (be able to say a person's name in the navigation function and it automatically input their address)
- Ability to reassign buttons both capacitive and hard buttons to other functions
- Make it easy to add confirmation for voice dial if possible
Last edited by jmana; 07-12-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Great start and great idea! I think you might want to edit the first one to add more you see as beneficial so that they don't have to read through the entire thread (if you don't mind keeping up with it. Some of the items I'd like, may or may not be possible.
1. Add shortcuts to email (at the bottom of the page) so you can make icons for sent folders in the bottom of your e-mail screen - I'll never use conversation view but I'd click on sent items all the time.
2. Make it easy to add confirmation for voice dial if possible. It isn't accurate enough to go without that feature.
3. Customize the number of pages in the rotating initial screens. Currently you have 7 screens to select from - maybe some want more and others might want less.
4. Try to fix the reception issue.
5. Try to improve battery life.
6. Try to fix the charging issue (slow and not getting to 100%)
7. Make the call history that lists all the calls include time of each call without having to drill down to each call to see the length of that call.
8. Add screen capture
9. Add voice listing of contact addresses in the directions. Currently you can voice in places like circus circus or 1200 Wilshire BLVD. but it won't pull from your contact list if you say Jane Doe.
10. Let me reassign buttons both capacitive and hard buttons to other functions. I'd probably disable search and reassign it to the camera button and maybe assign voice dialing to the 2D, 3D button.