PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 12:43 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newbie question on customizing buttons and features of my phone.

Hello,

I'd like to do a couple of things -

1. In email, I'll never use the threading or favorite e-mails. Can I change the buttons to things I would like - e.g. sent items or just remove the icons I'll never use completely? (not sure if it matters but I'm using exchange for email).

2. On the home screen I'd like a smaller clock so I can have more space for other things. Ideally I'll find a good widget for putting some upcoming calendar events in the home screen. Not through selecting calendar but I'd like my lock screen and or my home screen to show upcoming calendar events.

3. How do I reasign the hard buttons? I'll probably use the camera about 5 times during the length of time I own my phone but there are plenty of apps I'll use regularly that I'd like to assign a hard button - e.g. flashlight.

4. I'm not sure what to call the other screens you can flip/rotate to after the home screen but I only need 4 and it has 7. I'd prefer to rotate around quicker back to my home page since I don't need the other pages.

Thanks

Last edited by boe; 07-06-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:06 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Re: Newbie question on customizing buttons and features of my phone.

Not sure about 1 and 3 without rooting but:

2. You can remove the the standard HTC weather clock and use a smaller HTC clock or you can try one of the clocks from Beautiful Widgets or Fancy Widgets. I prefer the super clocks in Beautiful Widgets. Not sure if those are available in the free version.

4. Not too sure about removing screens without someone cooking a custom ROM on this either but may I suggest using those screens for widgets or shortcuts to you most used apps. At first I couldn't get used to so many screens on my E4G but I quickly made use of the extra realestate .

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:34 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
Not sure about 1 and 3 without rooting but:

2. You can remove the the standard HTC weather clock and use a smaller HTC clock or you can try one of the clocks from Beautiful Widgets or Fancy Widgets. I prefer the super clocks in Beautiful Widgets. Not sure if those are available in the free version.

4. Not too sure about removing screens without someone cooking a custom ROM on this either but may I suggest using those screens for widgets or shortcuts to you most used apps. At first I couldn't get used to so many screens on my E4G but I quickly made use of the extra realestate .
Thanks - where do I find the smaller HTC clock?

I put everything I wanted already on the first 4 - I still have room left over. 80% of the time I use my phone for a phone and about 15% of the time I use it for email/calendar/contacts. I use all the other functionality about 5% of the time. I know it can do a ton of things but the reality is I really don't need most other things.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:19 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Forgive my ignorance - are the features I'm requesting common in roots or are these unusual requests.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: VZW

Clipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuff

For the smaller clock... press the personalization button on the bottom right of the home screen > press widget > press clock > swipe the screen over to the third option (small digital clock). You can also download clock widgets from the android market if you're looking for a different style, just do a search on there.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:03 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

^ What Clipp said ^

Sorry I wasn't able to reply right away.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D