PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

duck9191 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3g super slow

is your work in a heavily populated area?? the cell site my just be at capacity, we have this problem at our store, 3g speeds arnt to great (not horrible) because its in the middle of a down town area and its getting to capacity. if you want PM me your zip code for work and ill see if there is any other network events in your area.

love how every one loves to bash reps, do you realize the number of people that we have to deal with that can hardly turn a phone on with out step by step instructions, let alone know anything RF related? and its or job to play dumb when it comes to company related issues because its not our place to make assumptions and spread rumors. granted there are bad reps, just like in everything else, but some do know what they are talking about and are looking out for you.

Evo 3d
Evo
touch pro 2
Old 07-07-2011, 09:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Threadstarter

bobdylan21221 is a n00b

my zip is 21220. Thanks

I changed my PRL to verizon one and atleast now i am getting 125 kbps, way better than 30-50 atleast i can almost watch a youtube movie.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

looks like there is a cell site in the middle of the zip you gave me that is heavily used, about twice as many request per hour then our is getting and we see decreased speeds, gotta love 3g lol. i think its on middleriver rd or something like that.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

DreadfullyDespized is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to DreadfullyDespized Send a message via AIM to DreadfullyDespized Send a message via MSN to DreadfullyDespized Send a message via Yahoo to DreadfullyDespized

Data edit did work for me. Though now after a PRL update it is back to suck speeds.

PRI Version: 1.15_003
PRL Version: 21079
Old 07-11-2011, 10:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was on the phone w/tech support Saturday about the slow 3G speeds, we/she did a number of things, speed tests were very slow. She suggested taking it to a Sprint store to check the antenae......will probably do this tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Based on what I see, I would say its the network and time of day. I live in atlanta but I have also experience this in orlando and in the dc area. During the day into the evening my 3g speeds seem to be spotty at best but what I have noticed is that in the morning times its fast as hell. I did speedtests and I was easily getting an average of 2.2meg down and this is in all three locations in the morning but once afternoon hits speeds drop off considerably. So sprint needs to do something about this, soon.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

yep, you have that with alot of services that share a common resource, like cable internet. i can brust 30mbps at 3 in the morning but at 5pm im lucky to get my advertised 8mbps. unfortunately with 3g not having much for capacity we all get to deal with it on our phones.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:25 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I can relate to this. since Feb I've been having all kinds of speed issues with sprint. but in recent weeks I have noticed some improvements and I can stay above 384 for most of the day in my zip but when I was away from my zip I was getting speeds of 2800 on 3G.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo3d

tsbrewers is just getting started

try going to settings/system updates/update profile and let it try to do an update. I had very slow speeds and this*fixed* it for me. Went from around 100 to 1200 after doing this. I don't take any credit for this, I read it on another forum.

Brew

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D