PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Re: First time Android user (hardcore WM fan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceninja View Post
Well i actually recognize a lot of your usernames from the WM forums and yes I went through all the WM phones and liked them a lot. I even tried the Arrive and I will admit that Microsoft is on the right track but not there yet, instead of making a good OS they are trying to compete with Apple or be like them. One of the great things about WM was you could plug your phone in and transfer files. Now you have to go through the Zune app.

Android is on the right track. My EVO 3D is the fastest phone I've ever owned. With swype I no longer need a physical keyboard. As of right now HTC is at the top of phone makers they now set the standard. I don't look at the 3D as a gimmick but a smart marketing angle. 3D is the newest technology going right now so why not take advantage of it. You can only share your 3D photos with other 3D users so look at how many people have bought more then one. All in all I'm loving this phone and until they give me a reason I will stay with HTC for all my future phones.

Ice
I agree with "Microsoft is on the right track but not there yet" I also like TF3D on older WM htc devices. The whole 3D is not bad at all you..its like you have that really cool feature in you car but you are not going to use it everyday. its fast yes! I have not restart the phone and its been a week.

Last edited by furiousgtz; 07-11-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

blasian13 is a n00b
Re: First time Android user (hardcore WM fan)

I just switched from HTC Mogul I had for 5 years and Im amazed at the speed of the evo 3D. I drain the battery every day because Im always on it playing around and searching for apps and using maps just for fun..

Im an HTC user for life. I forgot my mogul was in my swim trunk pockets and went swimming and saw it on bottom of swimming pool. 4 days later the mogul came alive and worked perfectly
Old 07-14-2011, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Nikkirox_1 is just getting started

I have been using HTC phones for a while now. I just recently upgraded from the Sprint TP2 to the EVO 3D. I like the phone but I am not in love with it. There are some things I miss from my TP2. Mainly I am referring to the way things worked. I was a heavy Excel user on my TP2 I got the Polaris App on the Android and sent myself a file from my TP2 via bluetooth opened the file to see most of the fields were missing info. I am a heavy Voice Recorder user and I noticed although the voice recorder looks exactly the same as it does on the TP2 there is one thing missing. It doesn't allow you to pause while recording. I was always able to pause a recording and restart it where I left off. Not on on this phone I can't. The people widget has groups and one of the groups is VIP. I added the names I wanted to my VIP list then it asks for you to set the default action for this widget. I add the cell phone number I want for my VIPs and it seems as though it is set then if you leave that screen and come back the icon for the phone is gone and when you click on their picture, it asks you to once again set the default action for this widget. What gives? This VIP widget looks the same as it did on my TP2 the difference is it worked on my TP2 I set the number I want the phone to dial for that person and it worked never had to reset it again. With regards to text messaging, I noticed everytime I would go into a thread to see the conversation and come back out the phone would say Message Draft Saved. I didn't type anything so why is it saving it to draft? Now for all of these issues I have contacted HTC and really the answers I got have not helped. I still have some of them as outstanding to be resolved. What I discovered on my own was that when I add a signature to my text messages and you open the thread and come out it saves it to draft. The mere insertion of the signature makes the app think you are typing. That never happened on my TP2. Now I am not going back to my TP2 because it had so many glitches it was slow to respond to my commands it was beyond annoying. However, I want this brand new phone to exceed what my TP2 did and then some. There are some things that blow my TP2 out of the water, but in the most simple of things it doesn't. The speaker volume is atrocious. My corporate Blackberry is louder than this phone. I don't know why HTC phones are so low. This is not my first HTC to experience low volume. by now HTC should get a hint. Has anyone else experienced these issues with their 3D?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

thornd7 is a n00b

Thanks for the info! I'm on TP2 and getting 3VO tomorrow. I was just reading different threads to get an idea of any potential issues before I jump. My TP2 was a decent phone but I hate the sluggish CPU (feels like TP2 always has something better to do than I what I asked it to do) although overclocked EnergyROM helped. Also tired of running a dead, abandoned OS. The whole "I woke up on a derelict spaceship" feeling is why I refuse to even consider WM7.

But very glad to see ex-TP2 owners happy with their 3VO's.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc sensation
Carrier: tmobile

mr_dove1 is a n00b

I'm coming from a blackberry and let me tell you I nearly lost my mind when I started playing with my htc sensation.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

One thing I find amazing with Android OS is all these services that are running. Things like Spiderman 3D, Gmail(I didnt set this up for email), yah Sync stuff which I didnt do! all runs even after I have done kill -9, etc

You might not be aware of it until you install a Task App thing, then you will know.

I m going to root it and get rid of all these junk.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work

I'm glad I found this thread.

I've also been on WM: PPC6700 > Touch > TP2 and am ready to upgrade and have pretty much decided on the EVO 3D.

Got to learn all the new tricks now!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Good luck and you won't be disappointed....IMO
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D