PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 3D (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=320)
-   -   First time Android user (hardcore WM fan) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145177)

ppclover2 06-29-2011 10:46 PM

Re: First time Android user (hardcore WM fan)

I too am coming from years of wm6.x....I refused to go elsewhere simply becuase of the free wifi hotspot feature...but now I dont even need my laptop...def worth the upgrade...I can admit i hated on anything not winmo

bpollina 07-09-2011 09:05 PM

I just came over from a TP2. Had a heat crack and with having to spend $100 for replacement, it was a no brainer to spend another $100 and get the latest and greatest phone. Loved my TP2 and free wifi hotspot and custom ROMS. But 3G was slow, and the phone was getting old tech wise. Now I absolutely LOVE my Evo 3D! And the Android Marketplace has a dizzying number of apps to download and play with! I'm glad I switched! And when I can get 4G the speed is amazingly fast compared to 3G.

meccadon123 07-09-2011 10:07 PM

my TP2 as been demoted to a charging dock for my Evo4g...to bad the 3vo doesn't have the same battery, but the bat life is much better than my og bat in my 1st gen Evo.

nasa1303 07-09-2011 11:27 PM

Welcome. I had used HTC touch, ppc6700, mogul, touch pro, and touch pro2. So I have spent many years with wm and I loved it at the time. I went through 3 android devices and will never consider buying another wm device. Already looking foward to ice cream sandwich.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

poopymonster 07-10-2011 03:34 AM

I'm on the same boat with OP. I started with the HP IPAQ ppc with an attached modem for mobile data. Then I moved up to a Siemen SX66. Eventually evolved to an HTC Touch Diamond and followed by HTC TP2.

From the TP2 to 3V0......it feels like I've been under a rock all my life! I love the 3V0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u8myfoood 07-10-2011 04:06 AM

Haha, yea. I went from Mogul -> Touch Pro/Treo Pro -> Touch Pro 2 -> EVO4G -> EVO3D. Came a long way in 4 years.

The TP2 was a disappointment lost flash, and same processor, although the KB was second to none, too bad the system was so shitty now that I compare to android.

I still remember the major boost in speed/ram and such from the Mogul to TP (especially on silent's rom; one of the best IMO), then it just seems pathetic compared to even compared to the EVO4G, and is a joke compared to the EVO3D.

I'm also loving the new shutter button for the camera, so much nicer than on screen shutter button.

demonlordoftheround 07-10-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clipp (Post 2122317)
Once you've settled, you will wish you switched a year ago ;).

I came from a heavy WiMo background as well... left TP2 to get EVO 4G, then Nexus S and now EVO 3D.

What did you think of the Nexus S? I was all set to get one until I heard about the radio/hardware issues.

john80hotkey 07-10-2011 10:43 AM

I started my smart phone journey with the treo 650> treo 700p> made the switch to windows after playing with a friends mogul. did some homework on cutomizations of windows mobile and I was hooked. proceeded to the tp and then the tp2 but after years of freezing and sluggishness I made the jump to the evo 4g. I, like most, thought I would miss my great hardware keyboard and I did switched back to the tp2 a month after having the evo 4g but once I got back into it and saw how much I had back tracked as far as speed and functionality I repurchased another evo and after some adjustments( mostly adjusting to the onscreen keyboard )I havent looked back since I simply love android and my evo 4g didnt even have to give it up it worked just fine but Im a spec junkie so I couldnt resist upgrading to the 3d

chong67 07-10-2011 02:33 PM

It is funny that alot of people from TP2 comes to the 3D and not the Arrive. I am glad I choose the 3D. I will never go back to slider out keyboard. I am going to stay with Android OS.

I know some of you want to sync your Outlook to Android. Good luck on that. All I do is sync with Google server and that is a cloud I like.

boe 07-10-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chong67 (Post 2126288)
It is funny that alot of people from TP2 comes to the 3D and not the Arrive. I am glad I choose the 3D. I will never go back to slider out keyboard. I am going to stay with Android OS.

I know some of you want to sync your Outlook to Android. Good luck on that. All I do is sync with Google server and that is a cloud I like.

I think I've finally got a handle on Android and it is a very powerful OS but if I could have gotten the EVO 3D with WP7 on it I would have. WP7 seems much more battery friendly and the way it handles exchange accounts particularly if you have more than one is top notch. That being said Android hardware is far superior to anything you can get for WP7 - particularly on Sprint - they seem to have chosen one of the smallest screened, bulkiest WP7 phones available. The Arrive is probalby the last WP7 hardare I would have picked if I was getting WP7. Android has a number of distinct advantages but I use my phone for 2 things primarily - a phone and accessing e-mail, calendar and contacts from Exchange. I tried touchdown and it still is far behind WP7 as a calendar/contact/email platform.

However if you use it for many other things I can definitely see the attraction of Android. It is extremely flexible. I went with the EVO 3D because the hardware seems robust - not for the OS and I didn't go with the Arrive as the hardware sucks donkey balls. ;)