PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 3D (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=320)
-   -   Free Cloud Storage for online backup(so far 48.75 Gb's free) + 50Gb offer ends 3/30 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145166)

lnando84 06-29-2011 04:42 AM

Free Cloud Storage for online backup(so far 48.75 Gb's free) + 50Gb offer ends 3/30

Here are a few free cloud storage options that work great on my Evo 3D and should on your's as well. Easily back up anything you want or access stuff from your computer!!

So far, I've listed (below) 7.75 Gigs of cloud storage freely available to us and I bet there's more..Lets take advantage of it!! Please share if you know of others that work!!

EDIT 9/2/11: Now that's 48.75 Gigs of free online storage available to us!!

Quote:

http://www.dropbox.com/static/17215/images/logo.png
Your files, anywhere
Any file you save to Dropbox also instantly saves to your computers, phones, and the Dropbox website.

-2GB of Dropbox for free, with subscriptions up to 100GB available.
-Your files are always available from the secure Dropbox website.
-Dropbox works with Windows, Mac, Linux, iPad, iPhone, Android and BlackBerry.
-Works even when offline. You always have your files, whether or not you have a connection.
-Dropbox transfers just the parts of a file that change (not the whole thing).
-Manually set bandwidth limits -- Dropbox won't hog your connection.

Simple sharing
Shared folders allow people to work together on the same projects and documents.

-Invite friends, family or teammates to a folder. It'll be as if you saved the folder to their computers.
-See other people's changes instantly.
-Create photo galleries viewable by anyone you choose.
-Send a link to any file in your Dropbox using your Public folder.

Dropbox mobile
App is available in the android market.

-Bring your files with you when you're on the go.
-Edit files in your Dropbox from your phone.
-Easily upload your photos and videos to Dropbox.
-Share freely with family and friends.
-Download free app from android market

USE THIS LINK HERE when signing up and get an ADDITIONAL 250Mb with Dropbox!!! (must install to computer to take advantage of additional space)

Quote:

http://www.sugarsync.com/images/logo-ss.v2.png
Get a SugarSync 5 GB Plan Free!
Free online backup, free file sync, and free file sharing

-Free cloud storage gives you instant and easy access to your data anytime, anywhere.
-Online backup and automatic file sync for work files or personal files like photos, videos, and music.
-Sync 5 GB of data across an unlimited number of devices.
-SugarSync automatically syncs your files to the cloud, where you can access them from any device.
-Your files are automatically, securely, and continuously backed up.
- music streaming
- photo sharing
-Shared Folders from SugarSync make collaborating with friends, family, and co-workers a breeze. Share files of any size seamlessly.

USE THIS LINK HERE when signing up and get an ADDITIONAL 500Mb with SugarSync!!! (must install to computer to take advantage of additional space)

Quote:

http://www.windowslive.co.uk/CDN/I/8...iveStorage.jpg
Store and share your files online

25 GB of free online storage
-SkyDrive gives an amazing 25GB of free online cloud storage.
-You can use SkyDrive to back up your photographs or documents, or even make them public and share a folder with friends.

Drag, drop and upload
-Uploading your files to SkyDrive is easy – simply drag your files from your computer and drop them into SkyDrive.

Access anywhere
-With SkyDrive, you don’t have to be in front of your PC to see your photos and documents. Access all your password-protected files from any computer or phone with Internet access

Create and share office documents
-Create Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents with SkyDrive, and then share them with Hotmail.
-Your contacts will get an email that lets them access the documents on SkyDrive – and even help you edit them - even if they don’t have the latest version of Office.

Set permissions
-Online file sharing is simple. Each file on SkyDrive is stored in a folder of your choice, and has a unique URL that you can easily share with your contacts.
-You can create multiple folders, set permissions, and then send an invitation to your friends.
-Setting a file or a folder to private allows you to access it from any PC connected to the internet, making it ideal for backing up files online.
-Alternatively, you can set a folder’s permissions to public or share it with individuals, helping you securely share files with only those you choose.

sorami-skydrive Beta is SkyDrive client App for Android.

Download is available in android Market. https://market.android.com/details?id=shoozhoo.sorami

https://ssl.gstatic.com/android/mark...mi/ss-480-0-32https://ssl.gstatic.com/android/mark...mi/ss-480-1-30

Quote:

https://e3.boxcdn.net/resources/z38y...s/box_logo.gif

Box.net
-5 GB of free online storage
-25MB file size limit

Box.net | Simple Online Collaboration: Online File Storage, FTP Replacement, Team Workspaces

Quote:

http://www.mustseeon.net/wp-content/...1/08/minus.jpg

Minus
-Get 10 GB of Free Space
-Unlimited Downloads & Transfer
-Share Large Files up to 2 GB each

USE THIS LINK HERE when signing up and we'll both get an ADDITIONAL 1GB free storage with Minus!!!

AYSIANA 06-29-2011 11:50 PM

Re: Free Cloud Storage for online backup (so far 7.75 Gb's free)

There's another good one you forgot. Box offers 5GB for free also and works great with many apps including Google Docs. Of course, there's an app for it in the Market too.

Box.net | Simple Online Collaboration: Online File Storage, FTP Replacement, Team Workspaces

lilflip21 06-30-2011 12:24 AM

http://i51.tinypic.com/ml7cas.png

Lol sorry.. had to..

mikejones13 08-11-2011 02:16 PM

Inando84

You should also add skydrive, you can sync with that as well using sorami. You get 25 GB of storage, it says for Microsoft office Docs and photos, but I put files, movies and apps as well on there.

lnando84 08-11-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikejones13 (Post 2136754)
Inando84

You should also add skydrive, you can sync with that as well using sorami. You get 25 GB of storage, it says for Microsoft office Docs and photos, but I put files, movies and apps as well on there.

Great find and thanks for the suggestion!! I've added links and info to the first post ;-)

lnando84 08-23-2011 12:38 AM

Re: Free Cloud Storage for online backup (so far 32.75 Gb's free)

Thanks Aysiana for the tip ;-)

Added to first post..

https://e3.boxcdn.net/resources/z38y...s/box_logo.gif

Box.net
-5 GB of free online storage
-25MB file size limit

lnando84 09-02-2011 01:12 AM

Re: Free Cloud Storage for online backup (so far 37.75 Gb's free)

Added to first post..

http://www.mustseeon.net/wp-content/...1/08/minus.jpg

Minus
-Get 10 GB of Free Space
-Unlimited Downloads & Transfer
-Share Large Files up to 2 GB each

USE THIS LINK HERE when signing up and get an ADDITIONAL 1GB free storage with Minus!!!

rrjskj 09-04-2011 08:40 PM

Re: Free Cloud Storage for online backup (so far 48.75 Gb's free)

thanks for the info bro good stuff ...

alexamarky 11-21-2011 07:37 PM

I have studied the Carbonite and Mozy, and select the main fact that you do not have a special folder in your backup target file structure, chaos, Mozy's. Through the use of its advanced features, you can also go back up.Carbonite your hard drive to create a backup, if you want to check the folder.

DreadfullyDespized 12-01-2011 03:19 PM

nice collection here :)

lnando84 12-14-2011 09:42 PM

Basically Box.net is offering 50GB online storage (normally 5GB) to anyone with an LG or Xperia phone. If you dont have any of these phones you can still benifit from this offer by quickly editing your build.prop.

HOW TO GET FREE 50GB (BOX.net) STORAGE (your phone need to be rooted):

1. Download Box(v1.4.2.2) and install it on your Android device.
2. Use Root Explorer to edit the file build.prop in system folder (root/system):

edit these two lines to look like this (MAKE A BACKUP FIRST);
ro.product.manufacturer=LGE
ro.product.model=VS910 4G

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7097/downloadcu.png

3. Reboot the device

4. Open the box app, either register for a new account or login using your 5 Gb account, and you should receive a 50GB account or account upgrade.

This offer had been extended til 3/30/12!!!
This offer ends on the 31st of December so make the most of it.
Don't forget to restore your original build.prop after.

If this works for ya, don't forget to hit the thanks button!! And if anyone needs(non root users), pm me your email addy with a temp password(for the box account) and I'll sign you up for one!!

Da Uniq 1 12-17-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnando84 (Post 2160372)
Basically Box.net is offering 50GB online storage (normally 5GB) to anyone with an LG or Xperia phone. If you dont have any of these phones you can still benifit from this offer by quickly editing your build.prop.

2. Use Root Explorer to edit the file build.prop in system folder (root/system):

3. Reboot the device

4. Open the box app, either register for a new account or login using your 5 Gb account, and you should receive a 50GB account or account upgrade.

If this works for ya, don't forget to hit the thanks button!! And if anyone needs(non root users), pm me your email addy with a temp password(for the box account) and I'll sign you up for one!!

Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing. I've tried everything in editing that build.prop file and it keeps saying I cannot edit because it is read only. Can you pm me the build.prop already edited or add it here?

lnando84 12-17-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 (Post 2160755)
Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing. I've tried everything in editing that build.prop file and it keeps saying I cannot edit because it is read only. Can you pm me the build.prop already edited or add it here?

I would post it for ya but i'm not sure if it'll work because our devices aren't exactly the same..ex: I'm running a 2.3.4 custom rom(synergy) and am afraid it might mess something else up on your device if all other info doesn't match up.

Which file explorer app are you using? If your using root explorer, once in the system folder you'll see across the top of the screen "mounted as r/o" with a "mount r/w" button right next to it. Click the mount r/w button to make it read/writable and try again. If that doesn't work I'll set up an account for ya.

Edit: just signed ya up for an account..check pm for more info!!

Da Uniq 1 12-17-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnando84 (Post 2160766)
I would post it for ya but i'm not sure if it'll work because our devices aren't exactly the same..ex: I'm running a 2.3.4 custom rom(synergy) and am afraid it might mess something else up on your device if all other info doesn't match up.

Which file explorer app are you using? If your using root explorer, once in the system folder you'll see across the top of the screen "mounted as r/o" with a "mount r/w" button right next to it. Click the mount r/w button to make it read/writable and try again. If that doesn't work I'll set up an account for ya.

Edit: just signed ya up for an account..check pm for more info!!

Thats what it was. Read Only Vs Re Writable. U R Da Man.

One other question. Just to make sure I understand.

Now that I edited the file to an LG device, even tho I have an HTC Evo 3D. I'm rooted but running stock rom. I should re edit the file back to original? Or I can delete the edited file, and replace with original or back up that I made of it. Is this correct?

Da Uniq 1 12-17-2011 06:09 PM

Re: Free Cloud Storage for online backup(so far 48.75 Gb's free) + 50Gb offer ends 12

didn't see youe edit til after I posted

lnando84 12-17-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 (Post 2160779)
Thats what it was. Read Only Vs Re Writable. U R Da Man.

One other question. Just to make sure I understand.

Now that I edited the file to an LG device, even tho I have an HTC Evo 3D. I'm rooted but running stock rom. I should re edit the file back to original? Or I can delete the edited file, and replace with original or back up that I made of it. Is this correct?

Cool glad it's working for ya now. Yeah either way will work for ya.. just copy/paste the original back into /system overwriting the (lg)edited or you could just re-edit the file back to manufacturer=HTC , model=PG86100.(not sure if its case-sensitive but I'd treat is as it was just in case). Rebooting afterwards should get you back to the defaulted build.prop. (can always double-check to be sure)

Da Uniq 1 12-17-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnando84 (Post 2160785)
Cool glad it's working for ya now. Yeah either way will work for ya.. just copy/paste the original back into /system overwriting the (lg)edited or you could just re-edit the file back to manufacturer=HTC , model=PG86100.(not sure if its case-sensitive but I'd treat is as it was just in case). Rebooting afterwards should get you back to the defaulted build.prop. (can always double-check to be sure)

gratitude and much appreciation

lnando84 12-18-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 (Post 2160787)
gratitude and much appreciation

You're welcome bro!

Sent from my Eagle'd out 3d on the PPCGeeks App

PPCFreek21 12-29-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnando84 (Post 2160372)

3. Reboot the device

Thanks lnando this worked perfectly. I wanted to add that if you log off the box app and register with a different email address it will give you another 50GB on that email address. I guess to infinity (so far I've done it on 4 email addresses).:)

lnando84 01-02-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreek21 (Post 2162230)
Thanks lnando this worked perfectly. I wanted to add that if you log off the box app and register with a different email address it will give you another 50GB on that email address. I guess to infinity (so far I've done it on 4 email addresses).:)

You're welcome bro!! I did the same and hooked up everyone in my immediate family with accounts.

This great offer has been extended til March 30th!!

jamesmartin86 02-06-2012 04:24 AM

Re: Free Cloud Storage for online backup(so far 48.75 Gb's free) + 50Gb offer ends 3/

Give MyPC Backup a test drive. They are new to online storage scene but are doing great job of getting it right. One of its best feature is the unlimited storage space.

BrettDaren 09-24-2012 02:18 AM

Re: Free Cloud Storage for online backup(so far 48.75 Gb's free) + 50Gb offer ends 3/

PC Online Backup provides one of the best cloud storage solution. Along with free GB it offers unique features like No File Type Restrictions, Unlimited File Size Limit, Access Files anywhere and more such excellent features. Although Cloud Storage Industry have different variants even some of the providers offer up to 50 GB free cloud storage. With different features and specifications. But My PC Backup provides user friendly storage to store, share and access virtually.

Amamba 09-24-2012 08:00 PM

It really depends on what you use it for. To me, reliability and cross platform compatibility are two most important things. I use Dropbox to sync documents that I use frequently, and Sky Drive for music, books, and misc records that I only need sporadically. It would be nice to have a couple hundred gig to back up my photos and videos, but otherwise I am just fine with these two services.