PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 12-14-2011, 08:42 PM
lnando84's Avatar
I BLEED GREEN!!
Offline
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,091
Reputation: 9825
lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
Re: Free Cloud Storage for online backup (so far 48.75 Gb's free)

Basically Box.net is offering 50GB online storage (normally 5GB) to anyone with an LG or Xperia phone. If you dont have any of these phones you can still benifit from this offer by quickly editing your build.prop.

HOW TO GET FREE 50GB (BOX.net) STORAGE (your phone need to be rooted):

1. Download Box(v1.4.2.2) and install it on your Android device.
2. Use Root Explorer to edit the file build.prop in system folder (root/system):

edit these two lines to look like this (MAKE A BACKUP FIRST);
ro.product.manufacturer=LGE
ro.product.model=VS910 4G



3. Reboot the device

4. Open the box app, either register for a new account or login using your 5 Gb account, and you should receive a 50GB account or account upgrade.

This offer had been extended til 3/30/12!!!
This offer ends on the 31st of December so make the most of it.
Don't forget to restore your original build.prop after.

If this works for ya, don't forget to hit the thanks button!! And if anyone needs(non root users), pm me your email addy with a temp password(for the box account) and I'll sign you up for one!!
__________________
Click if I've helped you!!

Donations accepted not expected!



Last edited by lnando84; 01-02-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 2 times.
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Da Uniq 1's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 378
Reputation: 185
Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1
Re: Free Cloud Storage for online backup (so far 48.75 Gb's free)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
Basically Box.net is offering 50GB online storage (normally 5GB) to anyone with an LG or Xperia phone. If you dont have any of these phones you can still benifit from this offer by quickly editing your build.prop.

HOW TO GET FREE 50GB (BOX.net) STORAGE (your phone need to be rooted):

1. Download Box(v1.4.2.2) and install it on your Android device.
2. Use Root Explorer to edit the file build.prop in system folder (root/system):

edit these two lines to look like this (MAKE A BACKUP FIRST);
ro.product.manufacturer=LGE
ro.product.model=VS910 4G



3. Reboot the device

4. Open the box app, either register for a new account or login using your 5 Gb account, and you should receive a 50GB account or account upgrade.

This offer ends on the 31st of December so make the most of it.
Don't forget to restore your original build.prop after.

If this works for ya, don't forget to hit the thanks button!! And if anyone needs(non root users), pm me your email addy with a temp password(for the box account) and I'll sign you up for one!!
Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing. I've tried everything in editing that build.prop file and it keeps saying I cannot edit because it is read only. Can you pm me the build.prop already edited or add it here?
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2011, 03:16 PM
lnando84's Avatar
I BLEED GREEN!!
Offline
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,091
Reputation: 9825
lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
Re: Free Cloud Storage for online backup (so far 48.75 Gb's free)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 View Post
Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing. I've tried everything in editing that build.prop file and it keeps saying I cannot edit because it is read only. Can you pm me the build.prop already edited or add it here?
I would post it for ya but i'm not sure if it'll work because our devices aren't exactly the same..ex: I'm running a 2.3.4 custom rom(synergy) and am afraid it might mess something else up on your device if all other info doesn't match up.

Which file explorer app are you using? If your using root explorer, once in the system folder you'll see across the top of the screen "mounted as r/o" with a "mount r/w" button right next to it. Click the mount r/w button to make it read/writable and try again. If that doesn't work I'll set up an account for ya.

Edit: just signed ya up for an account..check pm for more info!!

Last edited by lnando84; 12-17-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Da Uniq 1's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 378
Reputation: 185
Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1
Re: Free Cloud Storage for online backup (so far 48.75 Gb's free)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
I would post it for ya but i'm not sure if it'll work because our devices aren't exactly the same..ex: I'm running a 2.3.4 custom rom(synergy) and am afraid it might mess something else up on your device if all other info doesn't match up.

Which file explorer app are you using? If your using root explorer, once in the system folder you'll see across the top of the screen "mounted as r/o" with a "mount r/w" button right next to it. Click the mount r/w button to make it read/writable and try again. If that doesn't work I'll set up an account for ya.

Edit: just signed ya up for an account..check pm for more info!!
Thats what it was. Read Only Vs Re Writable. U R Da Man.

One other question. Just to make sure I understand.

Now that I edited the file to an LG device, even tho I have an HTC Evo 3D. I'm rooted but running stock rom. I should re edit the file back to original? Or I can delete the edited file, and replace with original or back up that I made of it. Is this correct?
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Da Uniq 1's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 378
Reputation: 185
Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1
Re: Free Cloud Storage for online backup(so far 48.75 Gb's free) + 50Gb offer ends 12

didn't see youe edit til after I posted
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2011, 05:18 PM
lnando84's Avatar
I BLEED GREEN!!
Offline
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,091
Reputation: 9825
lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
Re: Free Cloud Storage for online backup (so far 48.75 Gb's free)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 View Post
Thats what it was. Read Only Vs Re Writable. U R Da Man.

One other question. Just to make sure I understand.

Now that I edited the file to an LG device, even tho I have an HTC Evo 3D. I'm rooted but running stock rom. I should re edit the file back to original? Or I can delete the edited file, and replace with original or back up that I made of it. Is this correct?
Cool glad it's working for ya now. Yeah either way will work for ya.. just copy/paste the original back into /system overwriting the (lg)edited or you could just re-edit the file back to manufacturer=HTC , model=PG86100.(not sure if its case-sensitive but I'd treat is as it was just in case). Rebooting afterwards should get you back to the defaulted build.prop. (can always double-check to be sure)
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Da Uniq 1's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 378
Reputation: 185
Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1
Re: Free Cloud Storage for online backup (so far 48.75 Gb's free)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
Cool glad it's working for ya now. Yeah either way will work for ya.. just copy/paste the original back into /system overwriting the (lg)edited or you could just re-edit the file back to manufacturer=HTC , model=PG86100.(not sure if its case-sensitive but I'd treat is as it was just in case). Rebooting afterwards should get you back to the defaulted build.prop. (can always double-check to be sure)
gratitude and much appreciation
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:29 PM
lnando84's Avatar
I BLEED GREEN!!
Offline
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,091
Reputation: 9825
lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 View Post
gratitude and much appreciation
You're welcome bro!

Sent from my Eagle'd out 3d on the PPCGeeks App
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2011, 05:17 PM
PPCFreek21's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: 3DVO
Carrier: Sprint
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 13
Reputation: 0
PPCFreek21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Free Cloud Storage for online backup (so far 48.75 Gb's free)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
Basically Box.net is offering 50GB online storage (normally 5GB) to anyone with an LG or Xperia phone. If you dont have any of these phones you can still benifit from this offer by quickly editing your build.prop.

HOW TO GET FREE 50GB (BOX.net) STORAGE (your phone need to be rooted):

1. Download Box(v1.4.2.2) and install it on your Android device.
2. Use Root Explorer to edit the file build.prop in system folder (root/system):

edit these two lines to look like this (MAKE A BACKUP FIRST);
ro.product.manufacturer=LGE
ro.product.model=VS910 4G



3. Reboot the device

4. Open the box app, either register for a new account or login using your 5 Gb account, and you should receive a 50GB account or account upgrade.

This offer ends on the 31st of December so make the most of it.
Don't forget to restore your original build.prop after.

If this works for ya, don't forget to hit the thanks button!! And if anyone needs(non root users), pm me your email addy with a temp password(for the box account) and I'll sign you up for one!!
Thanks lnando this worked perfectly. I wanted to add that if you log off the box app and register with a different email address it will give you another 50GB on that email address. I guess to infinity (so far I've done it on 4 email addresses).
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2012, 09:29 PM
lnando84's Avatar
I BLEED GREEN!!
Offline
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,091
Reputation: 9825
lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
Re: Free Cloud Storage for online backup (so far 48.75 Gb's free)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreek21 View Post
Thanks lnando this worked perfectly. I wanted to add that if you log off the box app and register with a different email address it will give you another 50GB on that email address. I guess to infinity (so far I've done it on 4 email addresses).
You're welcome bro!! I did the same and hooked up everyone in my immediate family with accounts.

This great offer has been extended til March 30th!!

Last edited by lnando84; 01-03-2012 at 04:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com