PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 3D (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=320)
-   -   Very slow charging (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145129)

easyc 06-28-2011 07:07 AM

Very slow charging

Has anyone experienced very slow charging? I plug my phone in at night when I go to bed (usually around 15-20%) and 8 hours later, I'm not even over 90%. I've tried 2 different chargers and two different outlets, same result.

My TP2 charges perfectly off the port and charger.

jrzboiz 06-28-2011 04:36 PM

Re: Very slow charging

It takes around 3 hours to charge mine. However I have the 99% issue

GhettoBSD 06-28-2011 04:38 PM

Well, the battery will take a bit longer to charge because of the capacity, but 8 hours later is a bit much. Try a battery pull and charge it again. Or drain completely, pull battery and try again. If not take it in.

jordant2 06-28-2011 10:20 PM

It definitely takes a few hours to get a full charge, and charges really slow if you use it during that process. My Evo charged twice as fast and I think a lot of us are used to that. It is not lasting twice as long however. I haven't seen the battery improvement yet, but it's only my second day with the phone.

yankees45us 06-28-2011 10:46 PM

I'm having the same problem with my evo3d. It would take me around 1-3 hours to charge my evo4g. Now on my evo3d it takes 6-8 hrs for it to charge completely. The problem is that I got my phone on wirefly and since its under 30 days if there is a problem it has to be exchanged for a new phone not a refurbished one. I hope this is not a problem specific to my phone but can be fixed with an update.

Ruh 06-29-2011 12:56 AM

I am not so certain that it is an issue of slow charging, but possible an issue of battery use during charging. Try charging your phone while it is off and see how much faster it charges. If it charges faster then you need to look at what is using your battery up while it is on (like BT, 4G, WiFi, etc).

I noticed the same issue. I found that it was remedied (at least somewhat) by turning off my WiFi.

bsbllfit7 06-29-2011 01:34 AM

my phone is able to pull 2+ days of normal usage without NEEDING to recharge. Definitely better then the original 4g

easyc 06-29-2011 03:29 PM

I guess I should have explained that I had an 1800mAh battery in the TP2 for my comparison.

It charges faster with the phone off, but I don't understand what would be draining the battery THAT much. Reason being, I get pretty damn good battery life off the charger. Took it off this morning at 7 am (said 96%) and at 330 now, I'm at 81% with moderate use and relatively crappy service in my office.

yankees45us 06-30-2011 10:11 AM

My evo charged in less than 2hrs with all radios turned on. If I have to turn off my 3d for it to charge faster then this phone is definitely going back. I'm really getting annoyed at the battery life. What's the point of having an awesome phone when you can barely use it before its dead?

Sent from my EVO 3D!

tsbrewers 07-04-2011 09:39 AM

Just wanted to add that I had mine plugged in to the computer last night to charge, it sat there for 8.5 hours, and when I turned it on this morning, it was at 1/2 charge. The phone was "on" but EVERYTHING else was off, no mobile, no wifi, no 4g, etc.