PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dodgeboy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Post your battery life on the EVO 3D here

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
Anyone here leave their BT on all day?
Yep. It seems to drain very little battery. Not nearly as much as wifi. On my Evo, BT and Wifi were pretty comparable. On the 3D, Wifi takes a lot more battery.

Dave
Old 06-28-2011, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

dodgeboy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robysch22 View Post
Network Connectivity drains the battery bad. The place I work at has pretty bad sprint tower connection. So my phone switches between Sprint/Roaming a lot…. That takes a big toll on my battery life.
Agreed. Weak signals seem to have the most dramatic impact on my battery as well. Specifically having auto sync enabled while in a weak signal area kills it.

I just recently put together a tasker profile to disable auto sync when I'm in a weak signal area, and am testing it. The info is in this thread if you want to try it: [Q] Need help creating tasker profile to disable background data when signal is weak - xda-developers

Dave
Old 06-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

1 4G turned off
2 wifi turned on
3 use BT all on part of the time
4 Several phone calls with the longest around 8-12 minutes
5 Browsed web for quite a bit with posting on craigslist and checking websites and maps and some apps downloading.
6 No gaming
7 Average number of bars was 3-4
8 email set for push -2 accounts.
9. Also did texting several times all throughout the day.

Battery was unplugged at 6:30 am at 99% and lasted for 13hrs 30m 49s till about 7:45pm with 10% left on battery.
Also half way through the battery drain I decided to install juice defender so I don't know how much that made a difference.
Once its rooted I will use setcpu and that should get me more battery life.

I hope this battery life gets better with future updates and that the bootloader is unlocked before my 30 days is over.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

bsbllfit7 is a n00b

im in love with the battery, for you guys that use all the features that is why your battery life sucks. No phone including the iphone have stellar battery life with wifi on and bt all day with normal usage. I have everything off except for mobile network and am able to go for 2+ days on a single charge with over an hour of phone calls and texting all day. Thats with the auto brightness as well. Ill do a full charge tonight and reset my battery stats and post the screen shot of the battery usage once i get down to like 10%
Old 06-29-2011, 09:14 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Threadstarter

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbllfit7 View Post
im in love with the battery, for you guys that use all the features that is why your battery life sucks. No phone including the iphone have stellar battery life with wifi on and bt all day with normal usage. I have everything off except for mobile network and am able to go for 2+ days on a single charge with over an hour of phone calls and texting all day. Thats with the auto brightness as well. Ill do a full charge tonight and reset my battery stats and post the screen shot of the battery usage once i get down to like 10%
Actually my old LG phone which was just a feature phone had BT on all day, allowed me to make hours of phone calls and would download my email worked just great for about a day and a half. After about a year it only lasted through the day as the battery wore out.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint NOW NETWORK

jrzboiz is a n00b

Quote:
2+ days wow!! I have sync off, all radios off except 3g, screen on low, and I can't make it past 7hr
Old 06-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzboiz View Post
2+ days wow!! I have sync off, all radios off except 3g, screen on low, and I can't make it past 7hr
What is the point of having an awesome phone if you can't use it? I understand not leaving bluetooth on but wifi? Cmon. Most people use wifi on a regular basis and they recommend you use wifi as it uses less battery than using 3g chip. If I can't surf the web once in a while, text, make calls and use the apps on the phone and not get through the day what's the point of having the phone? My friend has the charge and he gets the same battery life I get on my evo 3d and he's running 4g on his phone. On 3g the charge kills the 3d in battery life. I know 3c has dual core but that shouldn't affect it as its suppose to make phone more efficient. This battery issue is something that htc needs to address soon. As of right now if this phone is not rootable and battery doesn't improve its going back and I'll wait for samsung galaxy 2.
As I write this my 3d only gave me 7hrs and is now giving me the battery is low message. That's just ridiculous when an iphone can get around 14 or more.

Sent from my EVO 3D!
Old 06-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

Yeah after my initial post I am less and less impressed with this battery I'm at 6.5 hours of minimal use and at 45%. Wtf. Tempted to see if the update helps but some of you seem to have updated and still haveproblems. The screen is draining the battery and I swear its not sleeping correctly. Come on HTC!

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 06-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

bsbllfit7 is a n00b

i do plenty of calling and web use. Mostly tapatalk and facebook but im still getting very long battery life. I charged last night, woke up and have been on the phone for over an hour already and been texting all morning with little 3g internet and im not belowe 85 yet.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

Quote:
i do plenty of calling and web use. Mostly tapatalk and facebook but im still getting very long battery life. I charged last night, woke up and have been on the phone for over an hour already and been texting all morning with little 3g internet and im not belowe 85 yet.
OTA or no OTA?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D