PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

sigma_wrx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: $70 Loyalty/Renewal Credit??

I just wanted to share my experience as well. Im currently on a $30 sero plan w/ my tp2and not due for an upgrade till May 2012. About 2 weeks ago i called retentions to ask about etf and canceling my account. I told them i wanted to switch to a new phone. They moved my eligibilty and now waiting for friday for the evo 3d. I called the same # from the website link today and asked about the $75 renewal rebate and the rep didnt know anything about it. She couldnt access the site as well and said she'd call me back. Got home and called retentions and got offered $50 courtesy credit. 4 hrs later got a call from the 1st rep and said she saw the 50 on my account and added another $25. Great experience for me from sprint cs.

Last edited by sigma_wrx; 06-21-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul < TP < TP2 < Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

trewardtx is just getting started

My experience was lengthy but simple.....wife call in about getting her upgrade early (from 11/11 to 6/20/11)....Telesales approved it and sold her an Evo for $149 waived the activation fee and shipping....Also ordered an otterbox case with it on 6/20/11....the phone arrived less than 24 hours later with case.....they sent the Commuter case but wanted the Defender case (she drops her phone alot hince the reason for the early upgade)....called Sprint back to tell them about the case and also asked about the Loyalty $70 Loyalty Credit.....she looked through the account, found what I was talking then transfered me to retentions.....asked the new rep about the Loyalty Credit.....she immediately credited my account no questions asked for both lines a total of $140.....then she told me i can go to any Sprint Store and return the case as long as i had the credit card used and my ID to verify that im the card holder......went to the Sprint Store and exchange the cases for an additional $16....and the only reason she got an Evo and not the Evo 3d was she couldnt wait til Friday...but i will be getting a 3D Friday on my Birthday.....she upgraded from a Htc Hero and we been with Sprint for about 5 years

Thanks for the info about the credit (upgrade info from another thread) because i wouldnt have knew if it wasnt for PPCGeeks =D>=D>=D>
Old 06-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

Ruh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trewardtx View Post
My experience was lengthy but simple.....wife call in about getting her upgrade early (from 11/11 to 6/20/11)....Telesales approved it and sold her an Evo for $149 waived the activation fee and shipping....Also ordered an otterbox case with it on 6/20/11....the phone arrived less than 24 hours later with case.....they sent the Commuter case but wanted the Defender case (she drops her phone alot hince the reason for the early upgade)....called Sprint back to tell them about the case and also asked about the Loyalty $70 Loyalty Credit.....she looked through the account, found what I was talking then transfered me to retentions.....asked the new rep about the Loyalty Credit.....she immediately credited my account no questions asked for both lines a total of $140.....then she told me i can go to any Sprint Store and return the case as long as i had the credit card used and my ID to verify that im the card holder......went to the Sprint Store and exchange the cases for an additional $16....and the only reason she got an Evo and not the Evo 3d was she couldnt wait til Friday...but i will be getting a 3D Friday on my Birthday.....she upgraded from a Htc Hero and we been with Sprint for about 5 years

Thanks for the info about the credit (upgrade info from another thread) because i wouldnt have knew if it wasnt for PPCGeeks =D>=D>=D>
Hey just a thought...you could probably go in on Friday or sometime after within the first 30 days of getting her the Evo 4g and see if you can swap it for an Evo 3D and pay the difference.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul < TP < TP2 < Evo 3D

trewardtx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruh View Post
Hey just a thought...you could probably go in on Friday or sometime after within the first 30 days of getting her the Evo 4g and see if you can swap it for an Evo 3D and pay the difference.

Thats true.....thanks and i will definitely consider it but its up to her though if she would want it.....we already synced contacts, calander info and apps....so its totally up to her....let you know how it turns out
Old 06-22-2011, 09:53 PM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular

Ruh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trewardtx View Post
Thats true.....thanks and i will definitely consider it but its up to her though if she would want it.....we already synced contacts, calander info and apps....so its totally up to her....let you know how it turns out
I haven't personally owned an Android phone...yet. But I read somewhere that everything will transfer over automagically from Evo 4g to Evo 3D. If I find the post I will link it.

But I have been having "discussions" with a guy all week about Evo 4G vs Evo 3D. He replaced his Palm Pre with a Evo 4G and I told him he should have waited or switch to the Evo 3D this friday. He (as usually so) got all miffed and said he had no interest in the 3D aspect of the phone and I told him to just turn off the 3D...he got more flustered and said whats the point of having a 3D phone and not using the 3D and I told him there is more to the phone than the 3D and if you are going to have an Evo you might as well have the latest version since support for it will probably be carried longer etc and that the 3D was just "the sprinkles on the icing of the cake". When I come in next week with mine I'm sure he'll be convinced to switch lol.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: SPRINT

leckey73 is just getting started

THANKS it worked for me. I dialed *2 & just told them I was calling to redeem my Loyalty/Renewal Credit
They said they were only able to give me $50.00 because I just renewed today.

Last edited by leckey73; 06-23-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 CDMA

dizbstretch is a n00b

I was able to get the $75.00 renewal credit from Sprint for 4 of my lines a couple of days ago - Yesterday, I called the local Sprint store and asked how many EVO 3D were in stock for walk-in and the associate there said she would put 4 to the side for me so I can get them without the Pre-Order, +1 for Sprint Retail. Can't sleep, waiting for 8AM PST to get my EVO 3D ...

I was told that the renewal deal is ONLY good before you upgrade your phone, once the phone is upgraded and the 2 year contact is in effect, Sprint would not be able to honor it anymore.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tearlessj is a n00b

I have over 15 months left on my contract. Called in and told her the web site. Put me on hold for 10 minutes, came back and said they would credit my account $15 for 5 months. Good enough for me.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I made 3 calls this AM! All of them said bc of my SERO account, a supervisor will call me back. One said within the hour.

Do you believe any of this?

I can order right on on Sprint website.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint SERO-P

draghn is keeping up the good workdraghn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
I made 3 calls this AM! All of them said bc of my SERO account, a supervisor will call me back. One said within the hour.

Do you believe any of this?

I can order right on on Sprint website.
Yes, that is what happened to me. The supervisor called me back in an hour and a half and I tried showing him the website. They credited me $75 after calling me back.

Hopefully the same happens for you.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D