PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Ruh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery life?

What is it that you look for in battery life? I see people complain about the Evo 4G battery and the coming Evo 3D battery. Recent review for the Evo 3D says battery lasted for seven hours of talking and then ten hours of standby. First, I would imagine that is with default settings and not optimized for battery life. Second, that is still more than good for me. Am I so spoiled that I am just always around a means to charge my phone if it needs it (home, car, work)? or am I missing something else? Really though...to me seven and ten hours seem like plenty....
Old 06-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ruh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Battery life?

Awww come on guys all this talking down on battery life and with almost 50 views no one has nuffin to say!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

If I'm out on the town and using the shit out of my evo I'll get maybe 5 hours. I carry an extra fully charged battery in my pocket to get me through the remainder of the day. That or I take my 3500 extended battery out with me. I would classify my usage as very heavy. Facebook, talk, email, text, mms, music downloads, internet, etc...

If the new 3D gets me anything comparable to this, I'll be happy.

#1 Device - Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
#2 Device - HTC Evo 3D S-Off
Old 06-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint SERO-P

draghn is keeping up the good workdraghn is keeping up the good work

The hits on battery life are a bit exaggerated in my opinion. As many have said before, the reviewers were using a ton of features and radios on the phone and constantly playing with everything to see how much the phone would lag, what the different settings would do, how wi-fi was, etc.

With the review (from phone arena I think) posted earlier stating that battery life was satisfactorily improved from the Evo, with a decent amount of time using the phone beyond the Evo's use, I am really not worried.

I think the cheap batteries on eBay are worth a shot as an alternative/just-in-case/or simple laziness instead of whipping out a charger for the phone itself.

We will all get plenty of feedback very soon though from this community which will be more valuable to us. Even for those of us that get the phone this week.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

john80hotkey is becoming a great contributor

Ive learned to adjust to the battery life on my evo out of necessity rather than want. with minor use a quick call alot of texting and a few web browses and couple mins of gaming my phone is ready to call it a day and this is while Im at work from 100% charge. the days Im off are even worse as my usage of my phone increases, naturally since I wont get in trouble for being on it lol. I wouldn't call it acceptable but I torelate it only because I really like my phone. and this is wit setcpu, every radio cut off, and custom rom running. I hate when I get ready to leave my house my check list includes wallet, house/car keys, and a spare battery or charger. thats the part that sucks especially when children want to play games on it and all I can tell them is I didnt bring a spare battery or my phone will die quickly. Im not looking for 24-48 hrs on a single charge but with normal to slightly heavy use I would like my phone to last at least 12-14 hours. I have a great phone that does everything but I have to minimize my use of it because the battery cant take it.
was extremely excited about the evo 3d until the reviews came in so Im now on the fence not going to shell out for a phone thats gone to make me want to use it more just to die just as fast as the one I already have so Im holding out for some really user reviews before I make my next move

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D