PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 3D (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=320)
-   -   Something's off with the 3D... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144283)

pinkbunniz 06-08-2011 03:54 PM

I'll let you know by the end of the week I should have mine by then :)

Sent from my PC36100

hidaya 06-09-2011 09:21 AM

Re: Something's off with the 3D...

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkbunniz (Post 2113340)

Sent from my PC36100

seriously? well share your secrets id love to get my hands on it this early!:headbang:

guitardoc64 06-09-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Sent from my PC36100

I would like to know as well.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

OMJ 06-09-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Sent from my PC36100

nice.....must be an retail employee?

pinkbunniz 06-09-2011 01:07 PM

Yes lol I fought my a$$ off to get this phone too lol

Sent from my PC36100

Wizzard 06-09-2011 01:37 PM

pinkbunniz,

When I went to put in my order for two of the 3ds yesterday, the person who helped me said that he had modified his phone, I laughed and said that then he would not be able to get any service.

He told me that was not so and that the policy had changed so that the people with the insurance would get repairs to their phones even if they had custom ROMs on them. I would assume that this is for equipment or system failures not caused by the ROMs and covered by the TEP.

Have you heard this???

Thanks

pinkbunniz 06-09-2011 01:53 PM

@Wizzard

No I haven't. It is still considered modifying your phone and the techs won't touch it. As for the stores that order replacements you still need to flash back to stock before they help you. Im not sure where he was getting his information from.
(I work at a store that orders.)

Sent from my PC36100

BlackDynamite 06-09-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizzard (Post 2113674)
pinkbunniz,

When I went to put in my order for two of the 3ds yesterday, the person who helped me said that he had modified his phone, I laughed and said that then he would not be able to get any service.

He told me that was not so and that the policy had changed so that the people with the insurance would get repairs to their phones even if they had custom ROMs on them. I would assume that this is for equipment or system failures not caused by the ROMs and covered by the TEP.

Have you heard this???

Thanks

One of my boys broke his screen on his Evo. We took it to the Sprint store, and they fixed it. No questions asked, no charge, no hassles, etc. We do have the insurance though. And his phone was obviously rooted, and running OMJ's ROM on that particular day.

pinkbunniz 06-09-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackDynamite (Post 2113879)
One of my boys broke his screen on his Evo. We took it to the Sprint store, and they fixed it. No questions asked, no charge, no hassles, etc. We do have the insurance though. And his phone was obviously rooted, and running OMJ's ROM on that particular day.

It may be by whatever district and regional managers are accepting, but I know in my area for a fact they won't touch it. Also, if you're going to authorized service centers (third party Sprint stores) they are sometimes less worried about it. :)

Sent from my PC36100

BlackDynamite 06-10-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkbunniz (Post 2113903)
It may be by whatever district and regional managers are accepting, but I know in my area for a fact they won't touch it. Also, if you're going to authorized service centers (third party Sprint stores) they are sometimes less worried about it. :)

Sent from my PC36100

Nah, this was a Sprint corporate store. They're the only ones with repair centers around here. I think it's probably the same policy everywhere, but some places care more than others.