PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 FRX06
Carrier: sprint

Shrubby is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pre-Order Your EVO 3D at Sprint Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
Whats evp and whats the number? Thanks.
http://www.evpdiscount.com
It's for corporate discounts.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

diego_starr is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubby View Post
http://www.evpdiscount.com
It's for corporate discounts.
The number is 888.457.6294. Pretty simple process, just reserved mine. Said they didn't have an exact release date nor price at the moment. The gentleman who helped me did say they are anticipating the price to be $149.99 or $199.99; note this would be the price if you are upgrading.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:17 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

if anyone wants the direct # to retentions/account services, here ya go.... 877-775-4886

no waiting, no ACD menus, rings straight to an agent....I dont even bother w/ CS anymore
Old 05-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO-P

draghn is keeping up the good workdraghn is keeping up the good work

Thank you! The numbers I had a long time ago eventually were changed.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
if anyone wants the direct # to retentions/account services, here ya go.... 877-775-4886

no waiting, no ACD menus, rings straight to an agent....I dont even bother w/ CS anymore
Can I call this number with my SERO plan?
Old 05-22-2011, 10:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
According to G&E and its readers it is in fact true Sprint quietly taking HTC EVO 3D preorders

Sticking w/ My BB reservation for the Rewards points and BB financing options I think
You finance a phone?
Old 05-23-2011, 01:26 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So has anyone here actually orderd the 3D direct from Sprint HQ on the phone and not through a local store?
Old 05-23-2011, 01:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
You finance a phone?
With Best Buy's no interest financing, it makes it easier to just pay a small amount each month if you don't have the funds saved up already. Especially if someone decides to buy the phone full price. $499.99 is a lot of money to drop unplanned, so no-interest financing is a decent option.

Also, even if you have the money, you can keep most of it in investments or high interest accounts and slowly pay off the phone with Best Buy... any little bit of money saved, or earned, is nice.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by draghn View Post
With Best Buy's no interest financing, it makes it easier to just pay a small amount each month if you don't have the funds saved up already. Especially if someone decides to buy the phone full price. $499.99 is a lot of money to drop unplanned, so no-interest financing is a decent option.

Also, even if you have the money, you can keep most of it in investments or high interest accounts and slowly pay off the phone with Best Buy... any little bit of money saved, or earned, is nice.
That $499.99 price will 100% sure not be the off contract price at Best Buy. The ALWAYS mark up their phones over MSRP. The Treo Pro had a price of $749.99. I would like to also suggest, people that are investing and have high interest accounts most likely do not consider $500 a lot of money. Not trying to big league anyone here. I don't finance ANYTHING. I do use a credit card for all my purchases though, well I keep cash on me too. I earned over $100 in rewards dollars last month wit my Visa. I earned a about $20 last month on my MasterCard just buying fuel. So I definitely understand interest and getting extra money where you can. I am just saying, if I have to save up to buy a phone, I know that it is probably more than I need to be spending on the device.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
That $499.99 price will 100% sure not be the off contract price at Best Buy. The ALWAYS mark up their phones over MSRP. The Treo Pro had a price of $749.99. I would like to also suggest, people that are investing and have high interest accounts most likely do not consider $500 a lot of money. Not trying to big league anyone here. I don't finance ANYTHING. I do use a credit card for all my purchases though, well I keep cash on me too. I earned over $100 in rewards dollars last month wit my Visa. I earned a about $20 last month on my MasterCard just buying fuel. So I definitely understand interest and getting extra money where you can. I am just saying, if I have to save up to buy a phone, I know that it is probably more than I need to be spending on the device.
I see what you're saying, and it makes sense. Even though it's a bit off-topic, I just wanted to say there are a lot of different ways people handle their finances. I do it in a way where 70% of my income is saved/invested away and not allocated for certain things like phones. So financing it out makes it so I don't have to dip into any of my accounts for anything and I can continue my own personal finance plan and still get the new phone, which was a relatively spontaneous decision for me. I'm not "big league" either, just trying to say this stuff is similar to our phones and what we use them for: everyone has their own preferences, ways of doing it, etc. Plus, and I don't know about Best Buy since I haven't used their finance plan yet, I like to use my credit cards with rewards on them to pay down the financing too so I can still get rewards if I don't want to charge it all to my card in one payment. Hey in the end, it's good to have choices. Like Carla's sig says, des gustibus non est disputandum...

I'd pre-order from Sprint if they had some similar things like Best Buy's no interest thing, as I'm sure others would...

Last edited by draghn; 05-23-2011 at 02:55 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D