PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The official "when's it coming out?" thread

Well the evo launched the first friday in june last year, which was june 4th. So my guess will be that the E3D will launch the first friday of this coming june which will be june 3rd. And it had better be $199, competition is just to stiff right now and $249 is stretching it a little.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

bckoolaid is just getting started

Competition is tight but there aren't any other phones coming out that soon that I think compare. If it comes out at $199 then the Evo will have to drop, which I don't see happening purely based on how popular it still is. 8 out of 10 phones that go out the door at my store are still evo's, which will dwindle over the next few months but people will still pay the price.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hathetran is becoming a great contributor

$250 might be a little too much for me. Even though I know it has specs better than the $250 Thunderbolt I can't justify spending that much. Maybe I'll just get the evo 4g to hold me over until Evo 3D II comes out...geez they couldnt come up with a better name..EVO 4G 3D II..gonna be a mouthful
Old 03-26-2011, 12:23 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckoolaid View Post
Competition is tight but there aren't any other phones coming out that soon that I think compare. If it comes out at $199 then the Evo will have to drop, which I don't see happening purely based on how popular it still is. 8 out of 10 phones that go out the door at my store are still evo's, which will dwindle over the next few months but people will still pay the price.
The evo is more than a capable phone even after a year so I hope sprint don't discontinue the phone but just drop the price to $99 and then sell the E3D for $199. That way they can ride that momentum wave from the E4G and the E3D into 2012.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO/Inspire/TP2/Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint/AT&T

4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work

Historically Sprint only drops the price of phones if sales are dead and/or it is coming to the end of its life cycle.

Evo 4G is far from any of these reasons. Don't look for the price to drop any, remember this is Sprint we're talking about now.

As for the EVO 3D, the specs support a $249.00 price tag and see no reason why Sprint won't sale the crack out of them at this price.

Competetion is tough BUT the best spec'ed device sells best, they hit it last year with equal competing pricing (199.00) and they will hit it this year with the $249.00
Old 03-26-2011, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

bckoolaid is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hathetran View Post
$250 might be a little too much for me. Even though I know it has specs better than the $250 Thunderbolt I can't justify spending that much. Maybe I'll just get the evo 4g to hold me over until Evo 3D II comes out...geez they couldnt come up with a better name..EVO 4G 3D II..gonna be a mouthful
It is just the Evo 3D so same length name as current evo but 3D used instead of 4G.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

I For one hope it goes for $199, i can see sprint dropping the Evo 4G down to about $149. but 250 is a stretch even with 3D hardware. see the Nintendo 3DS went on sale at my job today we only sold 4, people couldn't justify spending 250 on a piece of hardware that wasn't much different from a DS or DSXL many were ready to buy it until they saw that hefty 249.99 tag. i believe the same will go with the Evo3D, people(Average Consumer) will say an extra 50/100$ because for 3D? nope ill take the older cheaper model which is still a great phone.

thats just my 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..
Old 03-28-2011, 04:51 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Vzw is selling the thunderbolt for 249 which is essentially the same phone as the evo though almost a year later. I would bet money that the evo 3d will go for 249 as well...

Tapa tapa tapa
Old 03-28-2011, 09:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Vzw is selling the thunderbolt for 249 which is essentially the same phone as the evo though almost a year later. I would bet money that the evo 3d will go for 249 as well...

Tapa tapa tapa
Hopefully your wrong! Verizon does't care because their number 1 right now, they have proven that they have stupid customers by removing special priced plan & the long existing customer have been strip of all the goods, then increasing the prices!!! Sprint can't afford to be that reckless, especially if they won't lure people in...I say drop the evo 4g to 149.99 and tag evo 3d 199.99 as it make sense! I agree with PhyscoAssasinx with the Ds comment he made, cause the Evo 4G can still hold it's own. Trying to charge that 250 for that 3D crap that not popular is ridiculous...
Old 03-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Don't sweat the $250 price tag fellas. You know Amazon and Wirefly will be discounting it if you buy through them. They had the thunderbolt at $180 and Amazon had it for $199. I'm not worried at all.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D