PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Themes & Mods

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 01:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Zero2cool is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [MOD KEYBOARD] Sense 3.0 - Keyboard Port with Arrows-Trace-AutoCorrection

I had the EVO 4G for quite awhile, just upgraded to the EVO 3D and the new keyboard is really ticking me off. The lack of arrows and placement is whooping me.

I've tried the steps mentioned above. I do not have my phone rooted, nor unlocked.

When I ran the APK, I got the same error about application not installed. I renamed the APK to the ZIP and when I load up in hboot and select recovery, I see the upgrade icon, then another icon with a red icon on it. I have to remove my battery to shut the phone down and restart.

Do we have any way of using this keyboard without rooting and/or unlocking our phones?

For what it's worth, this is what I see on my hboot.

*** LOCKED ***
SHOOTER XC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.50.0000
eMMC-boot
Aug 7 2011,10:21:40

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
IMAGE CRC

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero2cool View Post
I had the EVO 4G for quite awhile, just upgraded to the EVO 3D and the new keyboard is really ticking me off. The lack of arrows and placement is whooping me.

I've tried the steps mentioned above. I do not have my phone rooted, nor unlocked.

When I ran the APK, I got the same error about application not installed. I renamed the APK to the ZIP and when I load up in hboot and select recovery, I see the upgrade icon, then another icon with a red icon on it. I have to remove my battery to shut the phone down and restart.

Do we have any way of using this keyboard without rooting and/or unlocking our phones?

For what it's worth, this is what I see on my hboot.

*** LOCKED ***
SHOOTER XC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.50.0000
eMMC-boot
Aug 7 2011,10:21:40

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
IMAGE CRC

Thanks for any help.
Sorry to say... But we haven't figured out how to get it working for non root..

An alternative may be swiftkey x?
I've been using it for about a week or so.

Very responsive and has option for arrows.

There is a free and paid version in the market.
Tho I haven't seen any difference between the 2

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 01-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Lurker

Zero2cool is a n00b

Thanks for the response. I tried several others and I'm so used to the layout of the old one that typing has become aggravating, lol. Everything seems out of place.

I had my EVO 4G rooted and I can do it again with this one, but I just bought it and not sure I want to risk bricking it just for a keyboard. Know what I mean? It just sucks they don't make the arrows optional to satisfy the majority.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Thanks for the response. I tried several others and I'm so used to the layout of the old one that typing has become aggravating, lol. Everything seems out of place.

I had my EVO 4G rooted and I can do it again with this one, but I just bought it and not sure I want to risk bricking it just for a keyboard. Know what I mean? It just sucks they don't make the arrows optional to satisfy the majority.
Ya I know what you mean. I came from a tp2.
Arrows are nessecary.

I'd say give swiftkey x a shot. You can customize alot of it, right down to the size of the keys.

It's very close to this keyboard with arrows.
It's alot more responsive tho, I make 10 times less typos in swiftkey

Old 01-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Lurker

Zero2cool is a n00b

I tried SwiftKey came away unimpressed... I think mostly because of having to pay for it. The layout and arrows of the stock HTC EVO 4G were great ... I thought. If I have to pay a few bucks and can somehow configure SwiftKey to the same... I'd probably be okay. Although I hate how the space key popups... wish I could disable that popup, but have the other small keys popup. The big key popping up abuses my ADD lol
Old 01-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
I tried SwiftKey came away unimpressed... I think mostly because of having to pay for it. The layout and arrows of the stock HTC EVO 4G were great ... I thought. If I have to pay a few bucks and can somehow configure SwiftKey to the same... I'd probably be okay. Although I hate how the space key popups... wish I could disable that popup, but have the other small keys popup. The big key popping up abuses my ADD lol
My space bar doesn't pop up?

And I could swear there was a free version of it..

In anycase, pm with your email. I'll see what I can do

Old 01-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Lurker

Zero2cool is a n00b

You're right, there is a free version. I just hate Trial software because it usually means it'll expire (probably after I really started liking it) or you're missing features or they'll throw in an update in a few months that renders the software useless unless you pay up. As a consumer, the use of "Trial" makes me feel like I'm borrowing something. I think "Lite" is more gooder!

Anyhow, I've been playing around with SwiftKey X Trial and I think I got it to a flavor I can deal with.

This was perfect for me. I got used to this quickly and liked it a lot.

Then when I upgraded to HTC EVO 3D, I was stuck with this.

And now I think this setup should suffice until I figure out how to force the first pictured keyboard through. However, I'm focusing on finding a good 3500+ mAh battery.

Thanks for the help!
Old 01-08-2012, 02:45 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Good shit aedon!! I hooked you up(put you on) with swiftkey x about a week ago and now you've hooked me up by helping out in one of my threads using it as an alternative option.. thanks amigo!!

Donations accepted not expected!

Old 01-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Lurker

Zero2cool is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
Good shit aedon!! I hooked you up(put you on) with swiftkey x about a week ago and now you've hooked me up by helping out in one of my threads using it as an alternative option.. thanks amigo!!
I desperately wanted to use your solution, but it won't install for me. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious here, but again, I wanted to use your solution, but it just won't install for me and I'm not willing to root my phone.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:34 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
I desperately wanted to use your solution, but it won't install for me. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious here, but again, I wanted to use your solution, but it just won't install for me and I'm not willing to root my phone.
Na def wasn't being sarcastic..was pointing out that that's what this community is all about..helping eachother! I scratch your back, you scratch mine type of deal!!

I don't blame ya for not wanting root right now with hboot1.5 .. it's none of htc's business what we're doing with our devices!! Only way to currently use this is by rooting but don't worry, aedon and I as well as folks at xda are still trying hard to get it working for non root users as well. Swiftkey is def a great alternative..I've been using it over this ported version!!

Last edited by lnando84; 01-08-2012 at 03:37 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Themes & Mods