PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Themes & Mods

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2011, 08:21 PM
G-touch's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 49
Reputation: 0
G-touch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [MOD KEYBOARD] Sense 3.0 - Keyboard Port with Arrows-Trace-AutoCorrection

I've followed those steps and after I click on "install", i receive a message that "This is a system application. Do you want to replace it?" I click "OK", and then click "Install". It then says "installing", followed by a message that "Application not installed."

I do not know if my phone is "rooted" but I used the apk option that is listed for non-rooted phones.

Any more ideas on installation???!!!!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2011, 05:54 PM
G-touch's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 49
Reputation: 0
G-touch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [MOD KEYBOARD] Sense 3.0 - Keyboard Port with Arrows-Trace-AutoCorrection

Hi, i followed those instructions, downloading the apk file onto the storage card and the clicking on it. The first message I receive is "Replace application. This is a system application. Do you want to replace it?" i click OK, and then receive the screen telling me what the application will be allowed to do. I click "Install" and it says it is installing and the next message is "Application not installed."

I don't think my phone is "rooted", at least I don't recall doing anything to cause it to be rooted.

I downloaded the version listed above for the "Non-Rooted User."

Any more thoughts on installation. I'd really like to have the arrows!!

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 12-22-2011, 07:36 AM
aedon's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim
Location: Austin Tx
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 622
Reputation: 1780
aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-touch View Post
Hi, i followed those instructions, downloading the apk file onto the storage card and the clicking on it. The first message I receive is "Replace application. This is a system application. Do you want to replace it?" i click OK, and then receive the screen telling me what the application will be allowed to do. I click "Install" and it says it is installing and the next message is "Application not installed."

I don't think my phone is "rooted", at least I don't recall doing anything to cause it to be rooted.

I downloaded the version listed above for the "Non-Rooted User."

Any more thoughts on installation. I'd really like to have the arrows!!

Thanks!!
Try this.. tho I'm not 100% sure if it will work.

Its not installing cause its a system file and the phone is protecting itself.

So download the file and rename itt PG86IMG.zip

Move it to the root of your sd card

Under settings go to power and check "fast boot"

Power down your phone.

Power back up by holding vol down and power for like 10 seconds. It should reboot to a white screen wlth the words hboot across the top.
(By the way here you can see what hboot your phone is on but chances are its 1.50)

The phone should auto detect the PG86IMG.zip file and ask you to flash. Highlight the apropiet answer by toggling up or down with the volume keys and pressing power to select.

After that it should be all set, reboot ans enjoy.

And delete the zip after reboot so that your hboot doesn't keep loading it.

Hopefully that works...

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App
__________________
If you like what I do, concider a donation
If Ive helped in any way, hit the Thanks Button
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2011, 09:32 PM
lnando84's Avatar
I BLEED GREEN!!
Offline
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,091
Reputation: 9825
lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
Re: [MOD KEYBOARD] Sense 3.0 - Keyboard Port with Arrows-Trace-AutoCorrection

Uploaded new version v09

ChangeLog:
- changed some entries of padding
__________________
Click if I've helped you!!

Donations accepted not expected!


Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 12-27-2011, 11:18 AM
aedon's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim
Location: Austin Tx
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 622
Reputation: 1780
aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
Uploaded new version v09

ChangeLog:
- changed some entries of padding
Where?
Oh and I've figured out how to start skinning this.

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-12-27_11-26-20.jpg (74.7 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by aedon; 12-27-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 12-27-2011, 01:13 PM
G-touch's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 49
Reputation: 0
G-touch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [MOD KEYBOARD] Sense 3.0 - Keyboard Port with Arrows-Trace-AutoCorrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
Try this.. tho I'm not 100% sure if it will work.

Its not installing cause its a system file and the phone is protecting itself.

So download the file and rename itt PG86IMG.zip

Move it to the root of your sd card

Under settings go to power and check "fast boot"

Power down your phone.

Power back up by holding vol down and power for like 10 seconds. It should reboot to a white screen wlth the words hboot across the top.
(By the way here you can see what hboot your phone is on but chances are its 1.50)

The phone should auto detect the PG86IMG.zip file and ask you to flash. Highlight the apropiet answer by toggling up or down with the volume keys and pressing power to select.

After that it should be all set, reboot ans enjoy.

And delete the zip after reboot so that your hboot doesn't keep loading it.

Hopefully that works...

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App
Hi, I've done the powering down, etc. I do have hboot 1.5. When the screen comes up, its provides the following selections:

Fastboot
Recovery
Factory Reset
Simlock
Image CRC

I didn't see a "flash" option and wasn't sure which option to select?? I did see that when it ran through the Hboot series it did see the PG86IMG.zip file.

Which option should I select?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 12-27-2011, 01:34 PM
aedon's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim
Location: Austin Tx
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 622
Reputation: 1780
aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [MOD KEYBOARD] Sense 3.0 - Keyboard Port with Arrows-Trace-AutoCorrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-touch View Post
Hi, I've done the powering down, etc. I do have hboot 1.5. When the screen comes up, its provides the following selections:

Fastboot
Recovery
Factory Reset
Simlock
Image CRC

I didn't see a "flash" option and wasn't sure which option to select?? I did see that when it ran through the Hboot series it did see the PG86IMG.zip file.

Which option should I select?

Thanks!!
perhaps select recovery?
I dont know if the evo 3d comes with a recovery on its own, I rooted mine and flashed a custom recovery befor it was even activated lol

If it load a rocovery screen, then your going to want to select whatever option ses "flash zip"
It may say it differently but thats basically what your going to want to look for

If you can do that then just find the keyboard on your sd card.

Best of Luck
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 12-27-2011, 02:42 PM
lnando84's Avatar
I BLEED GREEN!!
Offline
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,091
Reputation: 9825
lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
Where?
Oh and I've figured out how to start skinning this.

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App
Lol its in the first post.. and that's wats up! I started skinning it but then lost it all when my laptops HDD failed again. Great job on that bro!

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 12-27-2011, 02:51 PM
aedon's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim
Location: Austin Tx
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 622
Reputation: 1780
aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [MOD KEYBOARD] Sense 3.0 - Keyboard Port with Arrows-Trace-AutoCorrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
Lol its in the first post.. and that's wats up! I started skinning it but then lost it all when my laptops HDD failed again. Great job on that bro!

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App

Damn bro, again?
that sux.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-12-27_12-50-28.jpg (82.8 KB, 169 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 2011-12-27_12-50-11.jpg (80.2 KB, 162 views) Click for barcode!
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 12-27-2011, 10:45 PM
lnando84's Avatar
I BLEED GREEN!!
Offline
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,091
Reputation: 9825
lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
Re: [MOD KEYBOARD] Sense 3.0 - Keyboard Port with Arrows-Trace-AutoCorrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
Damn bro, again?
that sux.
Yup it's only been about a week & a half since it went down and it feels like it's been way way longer! Never realized how much i enjoy modding.. can't wait to start playing with all the different android tools and photoshop again!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Themes & Mods

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com