PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[HOW TO] Return to 100% stock 1.13.651.7 / ROM - Recovery - S-ON!

I am writing this because I had to do it. I hosed my phone and could not get it to boot into OS. I did get it to boot into recovery, and fast boot. This will work if you can get that far!

1. Download the stock ROM ZIP image from here: Sprint Stock ROM Image v 1.1.3.651.7

2. Copy it to SD Card. You may need to use a card reader if your phone is hosed and wont boot to OS.

3. Reboot phone into hboot mode by holding volume down and then press power. Keep volume down held until you boot into hboot mode.

4. In hboot mode the phone will scan the SD card with the image. Once it finds it will ask you if you want to update. Press "Power" to update.

5. Wait.... For a while. When it gets to "system" it will loop a few times. Its quite nerve wracking actually but after about 5 or 6 times it will complete.

6. Once the entire flash is complete it will prompt you to "press power to reboot." Press power and your phone will reboot to 100% stock ROM.

7. Once the phone has been flashed you will need to set the secure flag on the radio for S-ON to do this use "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" Make sure you are in fastboot menu. To do this power down and hold power down while powering up and select fastboot. I attached fastboot and ADB to the post if you don't already have them.

This has only been tested with TeamWin recovery and phone was already at the v 1.13.651.7
Attached Files
File Type: zip fastboot and adb.zip (872.7 KB, 196 views) Click for barcode!

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 08-16-2011 at 05:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [HOW TO] Return to stock 1.13.651.7

Thanks for this. I'm rooted but haven't flashed any new ROMs yet and was wondering what I needed to get back to stock incase I don't like the new ROM .
Old 07-30-2011, 08:49 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
Thanks for this. I'm rooted but haven't flashed any new ROMs yet and was wondering what I needed to get back to stock incase I don't like the new ROM .
If you don't like the new ROM just flash another ROM. Use this method if you need to send in or bring to sprint for repair. Or... You hose things up so bad you cant restore and flash a new rom... This method will remove s-off, root and recovery. So you would have to do that all over again.

Doing this method will set phone back to new out of the box status. No root, no recovery, etc...

Last edited by scrosler; 07-30-2011 at 08:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Ahh, my mistake then. I was reading over at XDA that reflashing stock won't actually set S-ON, that you would have to do a special fastboot command that sets S-ON.

Now that I'm thinking of it, if I wanted to go back to the state I'm in now(rooted but stock ROM) could I just restore from TWRP(I've already made backup with the nandroid part).

Sorry I'm an android n00b. I've been on winmo for quite a while(even cooking my own ROMS) so all this android stuff is still a bit foreign to me.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:11 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
Ahh, my mistake then. I was reading over at XDA that reflashing stock won't actually set S-ON, that you would have to do a special fastboot command that sets S-ON.

Now that I'm thinking of it, if I wanted to go back to the state I'm in now(rooted but stock ROM) could I just restore from TWRP(I've already made backup with the nandroid part).

Sorry I'm an android n00b. I've been on winmo for quite a while(even cooking my own ROMS) so all this android stuff is still a bit foreign to me.
Yeah, just use the back up unless you need to go into panic mode.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:48 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Updated the post on how to turn S-ON for a 100% factory reset.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work
Can u post the file for s on, can't make calls and sprint wants me to bring it in, and I don't have access to CPU for awhile

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App

Old 08-01-2011, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave01978 View Post
Can u post the file for s on, can't make calls and sprint wants me to bring it in, and I don't have access to CPU for awhile

fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

EDIT: Updated op with correct S-ON command.

I dont know how this can be done from a flashable zip. Im sure it can but I dont know...

OMJ, any thoughts?

Last edited by scrosler; 08-01-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Right now all methods for S-ON has failed. No one has it working yet. Sorry man. Take it in with S-OFF. Im sure they wont notice. I hope anyways.
Thanks for the info. Your right I had other phones sent in rooted or unlocked before with no prob.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave01978 View Post
Thanks for the info. Your right I had other phones sent in rooted or unlocked before with no prob.

I updated my post. I was actually wrong... lol

Were were trying with the incorrect syntax! Thread updated...

Still not sure how to make it into flashable zip though....

Maybe OMJ?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Development