PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

kdawg1700 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] OMJ's HTC EVO 3D Custom ROMs | 1.13652.1 ICS!!! | 4.0.3 | Updated *5/9/12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
Download the zip file to your sd card (or sideload it) and then flash from recovery (choose the option to reset to recovery from the reset menu. Then in your recovery select Install, select the zip and flash)

Edit: for some reason flashing wasn't working for me. I had to move the systemui.apk to my phones system folder and reboot. You can do it using EsFile explorer. Mount as read/write, extract the "systemui.apk" file and move it to your phones /system/app folder. It'll replace the current version of the apk. Reboot and be sure to deactivate mount. Had to do this on a previous version.

Can also do it via pc:

Thanks. I forgot about ADB
Old 05-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
No problem. I was geeked to get my color icons back lol

Positive Vibrations

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 05-15-2012, 11:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

roy8830 is a n00b
Re: [ROM] OMJ's HTC EVO 3D Custom ROMs | 1.13652.1 ICS!!! | 4.0.3 | Updated *5/9/12*

Quote:
Download the zip file to your sd card (or sideload it) and then flash from recovery (choose the option to reset to recovery from the reset menu. Then in your recovery select Install, select the zip and flash)

Edit: for some reason flashing wasn't working for me. I had to move the systemui.apk to my phones system folder and reboot. You can do it using EsFile explorer. Mount as read/write, extract the "systemui.apk" file and move it to your phones /system/app folder. It'll replace the current version of the apk. Reboot and be sure to deactivate mount. Had to do this on a previous version.

Can also do it via pc:

Positive Vibrations
I had this issue before and OMJ showed me how to do it the "funner" way with the post you copied, but I wasn't able to get it to work this time. I DL drivers and apk and put them in a folder on my desktop. Then I rebooted into recovery and attached the usb cord to phone. I then open the cmd window and typed adb devices and it said "adb is not an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". When I attached the phone to the computer, it was just sitting on the screen with green lettering where I could choose to Unzip, Wipe, etc. So something I missed obviously?

I tried the esFE way and that didn't work either. maybe someone can explain step by step whichever way I can get my colored icons back!!! Thanks
Old 05-16-2012, 12:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

roy8830 is a n00b

The default text program seems to be swype, how can I go to the one I have been used to forever, which I guess is just the stock one?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by roy8830; 05-16-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

Hooray for color! Go into settings, language and keyboard, change keyboard setting there.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:42 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

working on an update

Quote:

Positive Vibrations
I always use adb to push new files, I'm not sure why the flashable file did not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemiser View Post
Hi OMJ, I have been using your ROM since the original WM Sprint Touch days. Big Fan.

I too am having having issue with getting the ICS ROM to work. Initially stuck at the HTC boot screen.
Then I followed the recommendation above, now I have twrp installed and done the
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
and
Code:
fastboot boot recovery.img

Reflashed rom, then clear dalvik cache reboot system.
First reboot i get the screen that optimize 68 applications.
After that it just stucks at reboots and reboots and reboots..

Please help me.

Bootloader screen
SHOOTER SC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.50.0000
eMMC-boot
Aug 7 2011,10:21:40

TWRP v1.0.3
sounds like you're doing everything right, I really have no exp flashing w/ 1.50, sorry I can't be more help....maybe one of the guys w/ 1.50 can help ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy8830 View Post
I had this issue before and OMJ showed me how to do it the "funner" way with the post you copied, but I wasn't able to get it to work this time. I DL drivers and apk and put them in a folder on my desktop. Then I rebooted into recovery and attached the usb cord to phone. I then open the cmd window and typed adb devices and it said "adb is not an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". When I attached the phone to the computer, it was just sitting on the screen with green lettering where I could choose to Unzip, Wipe, etc. So something I missed obviously?

I tried the esFE way and that didn't work either. maybe someone can explain step by step whichever way I can get my colored icons back!!! Thanks
you need to be in the folder where adb.exe resides....ie:

c:\sdk\tools

copy SystemUI.apk to that folder

adb shell mount /system

adb push SystemUI.apk /system/app

reboot
Old 05-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

shlushka is a n00b
Re: [ROM] OMJ's HTC EVO 3D Custom ROMs | 1.13652.1 ICS!!! | 4.0.3 | Updated *5/7/12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy8830 View Post
But Wifi Tether does and it's all good with 4g as well? (do you still enable clamping, etc?)
4g runs wells. And WiFi tether works right out out of the box...

@OMJ sweet rom.. is there an update.zip for going from 3.0 to 3.1? Or can I just flash it w/o wiping?

Last edited by shlushka; 05-16-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:03 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

OMJ's EVO 3D 4.0.3 v3.2!!!
Odexed w/ stock Kernel!!!

DOWNLOAD

-Based on Amikam's base ROM (Thx Amikam!!!)
-includes Leedroid Tweaks
-Colored Icons
-Numerous Tweaks
-Mobile Network settings
-Roam only
-Location icon removed (hated that thing)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:04 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Re: [ROM] OMJ's HTC EVO 3D Custom ROMs | 1.13652.1 ICS!!! | 4.0.3 | Updated *5/7/12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlushka View Post
4g runs wells. And WiFi tether works right out out of the box...

@OMJ sweet rom.. is there an update.zip for going from 3.0 to 3.1? Or can I just flash it w/o wiping?
if going from 3.0 to 3.1, you could probably get away w/o wiping.....3.2 will wipe data.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

shlushka is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
if going from 3.0 to 3.1, you could probably get away w/o wiping.....3.2 will wipe data.
aight cool ty

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Development