PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

Deathsicle is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] OMJ's HTC EVO 3D Custom ROMs | 1.13652.1 ICS!!! | 4.0.3 | Updated *5/9/12*

So i downloaded the new OMJ rom and everything updated fine. Everything is fast and snappy as always, however the only thing i noticed is that i dont have Google play Market app. Is there a seperate app that has to be downloaded for that.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

leedawg is just getting started
Re: [ROM] OMJ's HTC EVO 3D Custom ROMs | 1.13652.1 ICS!!! | 4.0.3 | Updated *5/9/12*

Okay everything is working great now all the apps are there. I answered my own questions. And Thanks OMJ you were right not having the SD card set up for apps2sd was the problem.

So here is how I fixed the problem just follow this guide to repartitioning your SD card. Oh i did this by simply putting the phone into disk drive mode no need to remove sd card as the guide says it works fine in disk drive mode.

SD card partitioning - XDA-Developers

I then downloaded the new super wipe script from here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...6&d=1313196563

So after you have set up your SD card go to recovery and run the super wipe script, then flash the new rom and everything is running great now.

Thanks again OMJ.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:31 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racincason View Post
I'm having the same issue, so far, i have tried wipe data/cache 3x before each flash (kind of a habit) and the ROM installs successfully but i get stuck on the HTC screen as mentioned in another post. now what i have tried, i have tried Re-Downloading the ROM file and flashing (get same results) then i saw how you said to rename it PG86IMG.zip and flash with the bootloader. . this method did not work, it saw the file and ran though what looked like it was going to prompt me to install the update but it just took me back to the "fastboot menu" I have been using your roms for years now and i cant seem to figure out this one. any suggestions?

FYI i have S-on with Hboot 1.5 and im unlocked

The file I instructed to rename to PG86IMG.zip was the 2.17 firmware file, which is flashed in bootloader.....that was not a ROM.

What ROM & firmware version do u currently have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedawg View Post
Um I was not aware I had to format the SD card for apps2sd I will go read about that. That is probably the problem. SO to answer the question no it is not that I am aware of. My SD card is still just formatted as it was when I first put it in the phone have not used apps2SD that would explain porbably why I have had this problem on past roms of yours. I will report back.

How do you go about formatting it for apps2sd just download apps2Sd and do it through the program?

Here is how I flashed. I just simply downloaded the new rom as a zip directly on the phone.
-Reboot to recovery
-select install from zip and pick the rom
-once install done I hit wipeall factory data reset
-then I wipe dalvk cache
-and then I reboot

Rom runs great just missing most of the software some apps are there such as calculator, leedroid tweak, messaging, phone etc. But a lot of them are not and this time the only reason I posted was because the playon market is missing

Usually in the past I just install the apps that are missing that I need such as titanium backup etc.

Thanks so much OMJ your roms are awsome ive been using them on the last 3 phones since the TP2 days.
sorry but I didn't mean you needed to have your sd card formatted.....because you don't, I only meant the only time I have seen your symptom was apps2sd related.

I see your issue.....

Here is how I flashed. I just simply downloaded the new rom as a zip directly on the phone.
-Reboot to recovery
-then I wipe dalvk cache
-and then I reboot

you never wipe after flashing a ROM, always before! since u hit wipeall factory data reset, it erased the data partition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathsicle View Post
So i downloaded the new OMJ rom and everything updated fine. Everything is fast and snappy as always, however the only thing i noticed is that i dont have Google play Market app. Is there a seperate app that has to be downloaded for that.
well that is odd, do you have the other apps I added? here is a few of the apps that are in the data partition along w/ Play Store:

adobe reader
adfree
msl reader
facebook
gmail
maps
google music
titanium backup
mybackup root

etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedawg View Post
Okay everything is working great now all the apps are there. I answered my own questions. And Thanks OMJ you were right not having the SD card set up for apps2sd was the problem.

So here is how I fixed the problem just follow this guide to repartitioning your SD card. Oh i did this by simply putting the phone into disk drive mode no need to remove sd card as the guide says it works fine in disk drive mode.

SD card partitioning - XDA-Developers

I then downloaded the new super wipe script from here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...6&d=1313196563

So after you have set up your SD card go to recovery and run the super wipe script, then flash the new rom and everything is running great now.

Thanks again OMJ.
well this wasn't necessary, I'm assuming you did not wipe after flashing...
Old 05-13-2012, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Deathsicle is just getting started

Thanks OMJ, problem fixed after reading your post about leedawg install. I was doing factory data wipe after rom install and that was causing the other apps to not appear.

Thanks again
Old 05-13-2012, 03:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro2

jae.farah is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I Still Have The Same Problem as The other 1.5 Users Here .. I Can't Get ICS Workin.. I Even Relocked My Phone, Went and Updated Everything Through Sprint To The Newest Versions, Went Back and Unlocked My Bootloader and Wiped Everything. I Install The Rom and It Gets Stuck On The HTC Screen Every Time.. It However Now Installes V2.7 When Before I Did all The Updating It Wasn't Able To Do. I'm No Expert But I'm Guessing That It Has Something To Do With The Kernel Being Different and Me Having S-On??

Last edited by jae.farah; 05-13-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Racincason is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
The file I instructed to rename to PG86IMG.zip was the 2.17 firmware file, which is flashed in bootloader.....that was not a ROM.

Im currently running OMJ'S evO 3d V2.6

I did the same as the other guy right above me. i re-locked, flashed back to stock ruu, then unlocked, then flashed custom recovery and none of the ics roms i have flashed worked, i tried Newts One S, OMJ, and Virus, Virus boots to the splash screen and freezes, and Newts and yours freeze on the HTC Screen. i have tried bout everything i know/???

Sprint Service & Repair
HTC EVO 3D!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

leedawg is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

sorry but I didn't mean you needed to have your sd card formatted.....because you don't, I only meant the only time I have seen your symptom was apps2sd related.

I see your issue.....

-Reboot to recovery
-then I wipe dalvk cache
-and then I reboot

you never wipe after flashing a ROM, always before! since u hit wipeall factory data reset, it erased the data partition.

Ah I see the error in my ways. Thank you! And your assumption was right I did not wipe after the flash the last time so that would explain why it was working just fine then. Wish your mom a happy mothers day.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:20 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae.farah View Post
I Still Have The Same Problem as The other 1.5 Users Here .. I Can't Get ICS Workin.. I Even Relocked My Phone, Went and Updated Everything Through Sprint To The Newest Versions, Went Back and Unlocked My Bootloader and Wiped Everything. I Install The Rom and It Gets Stuck On The HTC Screen Every Time.. It However Now Installes V2.7 When Before I Did all The Updating It Wasn't Able To Do. I'm No Expert But I'm Guessing That It Has Something To Do With The Kernel Being Different and Me Having S-On??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racincason View Post
Im currently running OMJ'S evO 3d V2.6

I did the same as the other guy right above me. i re-locked, flashed back to stock ruu, then unlocked, then flashed custom recovery and none of the ics roms i have flashed worked, i tried Newts One S, OMJ, and Virus, Virus boots to the splash screen and freezes, and Newts and yours freeze on the HTC Screen. i have tried bout everything i know/???
@jae.farah & @Racincason, I believe your issue is related to hboot 1.50. I know 1.50 users need to follow different flashing instructions, see Karls post below to see if u are flashing correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
The limitation with HTC's unlock method is that the boot partition is not flashable from recovery. This means that Kernels and ROM's with custom kernels must be flashed from Fastboot. It's easy, just see the 2nd post for the guide.

How to Flash Any ROM or Kernel You Want

You can get recovery to flash kernels for you, you just have to have fastboot boot up recovery for you. It's very simple really, and thanks again go to Brandas for pointing it out. I'm just putting it here for everyone to use.

This method will allow you to simply flash any ROM you choose without extracting any boot.img's and worrying about flashing from recovery and then going to fastboot. It's kind of a one stop shop for all ur needs.

To do this, you need to have already followed the instructions in the first post. So you are rooted and have the necessary files for adb installed. You should also have your ROM or kernel of choice on ur sd card.

This is also assuming that the recovery.img you downloaded from the first post is still in your sdk tools folder. If it isn't, now is the time to put it back there.

Now, all you have to do is get back in ur command prompt from ur sdk tools folder and do,

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Once it says fastboot usb, you can do,

Code:
fastboot boot recovery.img
Now it will boot you into TWRP and you can flash whatever kernel you like, or just flash a ROM with a custom kernel already built in. It all works and everybody's happy.

Last edited by OMJ; 05-13-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro2

jae.farah is a n00b

Thank You For The Quick Reply OMJ. I actually Tried That Prior To Posting My Last Post. But It also Didn't Work.. I Believe If You Continue To Read On That Thread The Instructions Were On You'll See That They Mention That It Doesn't Work any Different Than CWM . Unless I'm Missing Something On That Post.
I Wish I Had a Linux System So I Can Get Rid Of This Stupid S-On Crap.. I Honestly Preordered My Evo Lte allready But I Know That I'm Goin To Miss My 4g Being That I Live In Crappy Stockton Ca and We Have Really Good Coverage here With Wimax And Won't Be Getting LTE any Time Soon..
Old 05-14-2012, 10:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

johnnymac is just getting started

Hi guys. I flashed from fastboot. Everything went smoothly. Been running ICS for a few days. Very zippy, works great. One small problem though, I have been unable to send MMS messages. They just fail.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Development