PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 06:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Kickstand case

Androinica » HTC EVO 3D has no kickstand because of design issues; case will prop-up phone [Photos]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 03-23-2011, 09:00 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Laos101
Re: Kickstand case

no kickstand? MIGHT be a dealbreaker for me!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:35 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laos101 View Post
no kickstand? MIGHT be a dealbreaker for me!
oh come on
Old 03-24-2011, 12:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

That case is slick. Damn I can't wait.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Nice! I'm a holster fan...I want people (as I call it, lol) to see my plasma screen mini t.v. and in this case the case act as an holster, but I can't clip that on to my waist/belt!?! By no means AT ALL is this is a deal breaker! I getting the phone!

P.S. there is a difference between a Pouch which the phone is completely covered and is on your waist/belt and a holster or some people may call a clip and the back of the phone is covered and the device is on your waist/belt and front is open to world to see the screen!

Last edited by Sauske; 03-24-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:20 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauske View Post
Nice! I'm a holster fan...I want people (as I call it, lol) to see my plasma screen mini t.v. and in this case the case act as an holster, but I can't clip that on to my waist/belt!?! By no means AT ALL is this is a deal breaker! I getting the phone!

P.S. there is a difference between a Pouch which the phone is completely covered and is on your waist/belt and a holster or some people may call a clip and the back of the phone is covered and the device is on your waist/belt and front is open to world to see the screen!
im sure otter box will make something that has a kickstand
Old 03-24-2011, 02:09 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

that case looks pretty nice!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

mr_e is just getting started

How would you charge the phone with the kickstand enabled? isn't the usb on the left side when looking at the screen?

Does the tv have to be MHL enabled to support charging via the micro hdmi? I can't imagine there are that many tvs like that.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_e View Post
How would you charge the phone with the kickstand enabled? isn't the usb on the left side when looking at the screen?

Does the tv have to be MHL enabled to support charging via the micro hdmi? I can't imagine there are that many tvs like that.
Because EVO 3D operates under android 2.3 gingerbread, simply rotate EVO so the charging port is on the top side and you can charge and watch movies. Far as the TV needing to be MHL enabled don't know? I assume the MHL tech will pull power from the TV itself (like you plug your phone usb to a pc and it charges)...just my thought. Like you said before I can't imagine to many tv out there like that!

*update
http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/03...-your-devices/

Last edited by Sauske; 03-25-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

mr_e is just getting started

Yeah I'm guessing I'll have to go the route with dual cables and the hdmi/usb to mhl adapter...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Accessories