PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G!!!
Carrier: Sprint

mikldom is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to mikldom Send a message via Skype™ to mikldom
The Shack won't sell me 3D case!!!

I stopped by 3 Radio Shacks today to buy a Otterbox case for my 3D delivered today, and they all refused to sell me one!!! they said it is policy to not allow it to be sold until noon on Friday..

WTF?!!!

Then, I goto a Best Buy.. can't find any cases on Display, and then got in line to see somebody and waited 15 minutes, and the damn line never moved.. pretty terrible service there.

I guess I will just have to wait until tomorrow at noon.. sux... I WANT to spend my 50 bux, and can't BEG anybody to take it!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

xxlarge is a n00b
Re: The Shack won't sell me 3D case!!!

best buy wouldn't have sold you one today either...I had the same experience.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nikkobenson is just getting started
I bought my case from best buy yesterday. Asked the girl and she pulled it out of the box for me. radio Shack tried to sell me one of those ugly bulky otterbox cases yesterday.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2011, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Too bad..

I know otterbox big an bulky, but, It has kept my EVO 4G still like new.. I am a Goverment housing inspector, and always outside, inside, banging into stuff, etc I dropped my EVO (in otterbox), down the stairs, and it was none the worse for wear.

I will swear by the otterbox defender case!!!.. my Seido extreme, broke at the corners (like I have seen all others do).. that is a weak spot on their extreme durable cases.. I especially like the built in screen protector, built in camera lens protector on the otterbox.. It is worth the 50 bux, and worth the extra bulk for the protection I desire.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

The Best Buy by me had the Premiere cases as well as the Otterbox on the rack ready to buy today. I looked at the Otterbox one but it just was too bulky. I may go with the Premiere case since I like to have my phone on a belt clip.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
Unhappy Re: The Shack won't sell me 3D case!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikldom View Post
Too bad..

I know otterbox big an bulky, but, It has kept my EVO 4G still like new.. I am a Goverment housing inspector, and always outside, inside, banging into stuff, etc I dropped my EVO (in otterbox), down the stairs, and it was none the worse for wear.

I will swear by the otterbox defender case!!!.. my Seido extreme, broke at the corners (like I have seen all others do).. that is a weak spot on their extreme durable cases.. I especially like the built in screen protector, built in camera lens protector on the otterbox.. It is worth the 50 bux, and worth the extra bulk for the protection I desire.
I want to try an Otterbox case, but I'm scared to death that dust/fibers will get under the built-in screen protector, and scratch the hell out of my screen. I guess that never happened to you at all? I've had an invisibleSHIELD since launch on my Evo 4G, and it has kept my phone PERFECT. Blegh...what the hell am I gonna do?
Old 06-24-2011, 06:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I now it is overkill, but, I had another screen protector installed as well as the otterbox built in one.

no problems with scratches, and it works just fine with the touchscreen.

gorilla glass, generally not scratched by dust, sand, on the other hand, would likely cause havoc.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikldom View Post
I now it is overkill, but, I had another screen protector installed as well as the otterbox built in one.

no problems with scratches, and it works just fine with the touchscreen.

gorilla glass, generally not scratched by dust, sand, on the other hand, would likely cause havoc.
I did on my evo, only cuz I bought the zagg before I got the otterbox

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 06-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just installed the ZAGG and the otterbox defender I got from radioshack and it works fine. the only thing is that the screen protector from OBD is liking to stick to the zagg creating annoying bubbles. I might just remove the zagg until I get a smoother screen protector because the zagg has a rubbery feel to it.

Get this. I went to RS to get a case yesterday at 6:30 pm and the guy told me he wasn't sure if he could sell me them to me because I didn't buy a phone from them. He sold them to me but that is total BULLCRAP! I don't like RS anyways and that just adds to it.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
I just installed the ZAGG and the otterbox defender I got from radioshack and it works fine. the only thing is that the screen protector from OBD is liking to stick to the zagg creating annoying bubbles. I might just remove the zagg until I get a smoother screen protector because the zagg has a rubbery feel to it.

Get this. I went to RS to get a case yesterday at 6:30 pm and the guy told me he wasn't sure if he could sell me them to me because I didn't buy a phone from them. He sold them to me but that is total BULLCRAP! I don't like RS anyways and that just adds to it.
What I did was kept the invidisheild on and just ripped off the screen protector on the defender. Works fine and u can't even tell!! Cuz those bubbles it causes is quite annoying.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Accessories