PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

staples101 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo 3D Screen Protector from XO Skins

it's also up on ebay with a best offer option.
XO Skins Screen Protector For HTC Evo 3D | eBay
Old 06-30-2011, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

new2tech is becoming a great contributor

Nice.. wonder how low would they go?
Old 06-30-2011, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

buddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuff

I ordered one and put it on couple days ago. It's very nice, I can't even tell its there. For some reason, I just received another one today in the mail. This one came in a regular envelope with just the SP, no kit. The return address was handrwitten with XOSkins with a Utah address. Thanks XO!
Old 06-30-2011, 11:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jdpman is becoming a great contributor

I got mine today and in it was a spray bottle of the liquid that didnt spray... made it a bit hard to put on just pouring the liquid on my fingers and the protector. It wasn't pretty but I got it on there...
Old 07-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddywiser View Post
I ordered one and put it on couple days ago. It's very nice, I can't even tell its there. For some reason, I just received another one today in the mail. This one came in a regular envelope with just the SP, no kit. The return address was handrwitten with XOSkins with a Utah address. Thanks XO!
Yeah I got that too!

2x screen protectors! FTW!
Old 07-02-2011, 09:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

icepick127001 is just getting started

New2tech - you've been thanked! I was just about to post a thread for recommendations for the best screen protector. Based on your recommendation I'll give this one a try!
Old 07-03-2011, 01:47 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpman View Post
Coupon code BYUBLUE will get you $3 off. I ordered one just now, thanks for the link!
I ordered mine a few minutes ago. Thanks for the coupon code! It still works. Basically, it pays for the shipping.

Oh, and I was going to buy a Zagg from Best Buy this morning. Since they didn't have the case I wanted in stock I didn't buy the screen protector either. So I saved $13 by getting this one instead.

Last edited by icepick127001; 07-03-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

sl8anic is a n00b
Question glare?

How's the glare with this protector? I use my phone in the car a lot and sun glare is terrible. On the flip side, if the protector kills 3D effect or usability (screen looses sensitivity and whatnot) - it would really be a tough sell for me...
Old 07-08-2011, 10:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jdpman is becoming a great contributor

Okay just gonna share my opinion after using these XO Skin protectors. I don't like them. Gonna look for one of the acrylic static-stuck type ones instead..

My story, in short: The first one I purchased had an application liquid sprayer that didn't work so I had to dump the liquid on my fingers and the protector. This left weird bumps in the middle of the protector that I couldn't get out and when the air went away in a couple days, they ended up being bunched up wavy spots. I emailed XO Skins and to their credit upon explaining the situation, they sent me a replacement. But when I got the replacement and put it on, it ended up not being cut to the right size. It was too small. I don't know if they accidentally sent me one of the "case cut" protectors or if it just wasn't cut right, but that doesn't work for me and now I'm protectorless. And anyway, I can't say I really like the slightly sticky feeling of these as it makes smooth finger scrolling difficult. It ends up being jerky.

I'll be looking for one like the mega cheap one I had on my TP2. It fit so well and was super smooth. I miss it...

sl8anic, to answer your question, the glare is the same as the original screen without a protector. There is no anti glare to it, but it doesn't make it worse. It does however have a slightly wavy look to it when looking at it from an angle under a light. Not completely smooth. It doesn't kill the 3D effect or affect sensitivity of the touchscreen, but as I mentioned above, the slight stickyness makes smooth scrolling a bit too jerky for my taste.

I won't be purchasing from XO Skins again. The quality control just isn't very good.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:08 PM
N00b

What's the best way to clean the screen before applying the protector?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Accessories

Tags
evo 3d screen protector, evo screen protector, screen protector