PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Accessories

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

fng3 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
cheap kits for 3d

am I crazy for wanting to order one of these generic packages from amazon until the good cases come out?

I need to update all my chargers around the house \ car to micro and this seems to good to be true.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:05 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: cheap kits for 3d

It is extremely cheap but you get what you pay for with these things. For 9 bucks or whatever I guess it's a "why not" scenario, but I wouldn't even spend that on it. You're going to buy a nice device, spend the $25 and get a decent car charger. You can use the base charger from your TP2 and just buy a new cable so you'll have two cables and two (home)chargers counting the one that comes with the phone.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

I actually like these packages. I mean a case is a case. sure some are better than others, but really are the sedio cases $40 better than these? same with the car chargers. I got one of these packages for my EVO. I got one with multiple cases, a car charger, a car dock, and extra USB cable. Everything works great and for a fraction of the cost. and not only does my EVO not have a scratch on it, but i also have the option to switch to different cases if i want a different look for my phone.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul(RIP), Pro2, evo4
Carrier: sprint

hidaya is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to hidaya

i say its a great idea, its a starter package. some people may not be able to buy that $30 case the same day they buy the phone. i personally buy my cases from hongkong and have yet to be disappointed.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaya View Post
i say its a great idea, its a starter package. some people may not be able to buy that $30 case the same day they buy the phone. i personally buy my cases from hongkong and have yet to be disappointed.
Exactly. This is what I plan to do. Buy one of those cheap rubber bumber type frames ahead of time. The bumber case in that package is I think about $6 on Amazon and eligible for free shipping with Amazon prime(which I am).

So for $6, I can have it protected on day one, until I can get my hands on either the kickstand HTCPedia case or the Otterbox case, both of which aren't even released yet.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor

yea, the price is so cheap and u have extra cables/car charger. it is a cheap product but that's why it doesn't hurt when it craps out. if you search ebay for "evo bundle" you get tons of these packages for the 4g. i got one for 8 dollars when i got mine. came with usb, car charger,4 screen protectors, car window mount, and some stylus.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Accessories