PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Accessories

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
can someone recommend case/shield for me?

I am getting my EVO 3d tomorrow and am wondering what the best way to protect my phone would be. I work in a machine shop with dirty air and metal dust all over. As most of my use of my phone happens at work I am wondering if someone could recommend a good case for that type of environment. I currently have a Touch Pro 2 that still functions well but is all beat up from work and I want to try to avoid that with my EVO 3d.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3deezy!!
Carrier: blah! sprint :/

1uk3 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: can someone recommend case/shield for me?

i think you should go with the otterbox defender..its a bit bulky for my taste but affer quite a bit of protection including a built in screen protector and a belt clip. i opted for the commuter otterbox since i just drive around most of the time. you can check em out at otterbox.com. i hear good things about the ballistic case too www.goballisticcase.com
Old 06-27-2011, 08:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

the ballistic is very nice the E3D version will have a kickstand, im use the defender till the ballistic comes out

HTC Evo 3D Ballistic Hard Core (HC) Series Case by Ballistic Case Co.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 06-27-2011, 08:55 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Otterbox defender is the way to go. It doesn't really seem that bulky to me, but that may be because I used the defender on my original EVO and that case was pretty bulky.

Plus, this defender is the only case that I know of that protects the cameras.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 06-27-2011, 08:58 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Wonder how bulky that ballistic case will be. Looks neat.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

Ruh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

What concerns me about the ballistic kick stand case is the same issue I think any kickstand case is going to have...so far the kickstand has the phone situation so that it is laying ON the charging port.

The good news...the otterbox defender belt clip phone holder can be used as a stand for the phone WITHOUT impeding the connection port (though it is troublesome for me to get on to/off of my belt). However, this could change if the holder for the ballistic case can also double as a stand on its own.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Well I finally got my EVO 3d today! I was so excited about it I was almost late for work trying to activate it. It also affected my productivity negatively at work. I need to consider what case I am going to get soon as I already dropped it once today. Luckily it was on carpet so there was no damage.

My number one concern with where I work is scratches on my phone. Those iron particles scratched my Touch Pro 2 up real good. I need a case (or even something like an invisible shield) that will protect the screen and camera lenses from scratches. I have read that the screen contains glass that won't scratch. Can I depend on that to prevent scratches or should I still put something on the screen?

The ballistic case looks interesting but it is out of stock. Can someone give me a link to the otterbox case? I do not mind a bulky case because my last phone was a Touch Pro 2 then a Touch Pro 1 before that. In fact I have to get used to how thin the EVO 3D is. I do like the idea of a case with a kickstand.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx View Post
Well I finally got my EVO 3d today! I was so excited about it I was almost late for work trying to activate it. It also affected my productivity negatively at work. I need to consider what case I am going to get soon as I already dropped it once today. Luckily it was on carpet so there was no damage.

My number one concern with where I work is scratches on my phone. Those iron particles scratched my Touch Pro 2 up real good. I need a case (or even something like an invisible shield) that will protect the screen and camera lenses from scratches. I have read that the screen contains glass that won't scratch. Can I depend on that to prevent scratches or should I still put something on the screen?

The ballistic case looks interesting but it is out of stock. Can someone give me a link to the otterbox case? I do not mind a bulky case because my last phone was a Touch Pro 2 then a Touch Pro 1 before that. In fact I have to get used to how thin the EVO 3D is. I do like the idea of a case with a kickstand.
Otterbox.com or you get one at Sprint

Sent from my E3D using tapatalk
Old 06-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Otterbox defender is the way to go. It doesn't really seem that bulky to me, but that may be because I used the defender on my original EVO and that case was pretty bulky.

Plus, this defender is the only case that I know of that protects the cameras.
I tried the defender and just found it too bulky and too heavy for my tastes. I also didn't like the screen protector built in as the one I had seemed to have a sligh haze to it thus making the screen look not as vivid. However, it definitely protected the phone WELL, which is a great thing, especially the camera.

What I ended up getting was the Convert case from Best Buy(it's the same as the Convert case from Seidio). It's basically 2 cases in one. The first case is the Surface case, which is thin and works well but doesn't cover the camera area. The second is a rubber sleeve that slips OVER the Surface case and a plastic finger frame slips over that. This adds some bulk to the phone but less than the Defender and it's still lighter too.

The rubber piece DOES have a flap that completely covers the camera area, so it does offer some good protection there. It comes with a beltclip that is lockable. It does not double as a kickstand and the beltclip only works with the phone when it has the rubber sleeve on.

This works for me as I use the rubber sleeve when out and about and when I'm in the office, I take the sleeve off and I'm left with the surface case and I just skip the phone into my shirt pocket.

About the only complaint I have is the rubber sleeve is kinda slick. I may need to wipe it down with something to get it to be grippy.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Accessories