PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 3D Accessories (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=321)
-   -   cheap kits for 3d (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144453)

fng3 06-10-2011 12:45 PM

cheap kits for 3d

am I crazy for wanting to order one of these generic packages from amazon until the good cases come out?

I need to update all my chargers around the house \ car to micro and this seems to good to be true.

Carla 06-11-2011 01:05 AM

Re: cheap kits for 3d

It is extremely cheap but you get what you pay for with these things. For 9 bucks or whatever I guess it's a "why not" scenario, but I wouldn't even spend that on it. You're going to buy a nice device, spend the $25 and get a decent car charger. You can use the base charger from your TP2 and just buy a new cable so you'll have two cables and two (home)chargers counting the one that comes with the phone.

snowplow54 06-11-2011 09:40 AM

I actually like these packages. I mean a case is a case. sure some are better than others, but really are the sedio cases $40 better than these? same with the car chargers. I got one of these packages for my EVO. I got one with multiple cases, a car charger, a car dock, and extra USB cable. Everything works great and for a fraction of the cost. and not only does my EVO not have a scratch on it, but i also have the option to switch to different cases if i want a different look for my phone.

hidaya 06-11-2011 10:05 AM

i say its a great idea, its a starter package. some people may not be able to buy that $30 case the same day they buy the phone. i personally buy my cases from hongkong and have yet to be disappointed.

Chuck_IV 06-16-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidaya (Post 2114368)
i say its a great idea, its a starter package. some people may not be able to buy that $30 case the same day they buy the phone. i personally buy my cases from hongkong and have yet to be disappointed.

Exactly. This is what I plan to do. Buy one of those cheap rubber bumber type frames ahead of time. The bumber case in that package is I think about $6 on Amazon and eligible for free shipping with Amazon prime(which I am).

So for $6, I can have it protected on day one, until I can get my hands on either the kickstand HTCPedia case or the Otterbox case, both of which aren't even released yet.

nasa1303 06-25-2011 12:02 AM

yea, the price is so cheap and u have extra cables/car charger. it is a cheap product but that's why it doesn't hurt when it craps out. if you search ebay for "evo bundle" you get tons of these packages for the 4g. i got one for 8 dollars when i got mine. came with usb, car charger,4 screen protectors, car window mount, and some stylus.