PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 08:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

molitar is keeping up the good workmolitar is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Otterbox Defender holster crap quality plastic!

I got one of these cases and it's already broken where the clip doubles as a kickstand. Go to put the phone on my belt and the clip catches.. try to unclip and it breaks.. Not only that had the phone fall out of the case already once. I'm returning it.. How can I trust the rest of the case if the holster plastic is not unbreakable plastic? Probably made out of cheap China plastic!

So any recommendations for alternative cases I haven't had this case for more than a week and I'm returning this defective junk case to Radio Shack to get my money back for defective manufacturing!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

Ruh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Otterbox Defender holster crap quality plastic!

I didn't realize that is what that tab was for. I thought it was for the kickstand but when I tried it my setup kept falling forward and I hated it cause I would always accidentally catch on it while putting it on my belts...some of which are kind of thick. Whenever I use my holster as a stand I rotate the clip so it is horizontal and it works as a stand.

I dont think the holster as a whole is made out of crap plastic. The problem is just how small and thin that little tab is. I found it annoying for the accidental catching and was worried it would break on it is own so I considered breaking it myself...but then it finally broke on its own lol. Since it broke though I have been happier with the holster/case setup as a whole.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

molitar is keeping up the good workmolitar is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Not only that but even with my super tiny fingers I am not able to hit the letters at the edge of the screen. I always have to type in landscape mode. Not good for any case. So take the fact the holster easily breaks, phone fell out of it once already, sharp edge at the earpiece, and the impossible to type since part of the edge of the screen is blocked. The case is not worth no $50.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Not only that but even with my super tiny fingers I am not able to hit the letters at the edge of the screen. I always have to type in landscape mode. Not good for any case. So take the fact the holster easily breaks, phone fell out of it once already, sharp edge at the earpiece, and the impossible to type since part of the edge of the screen is blocked. The case is not worth no $50.
the ballistic is due to be released in August

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 07-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

Ruh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
the ballistic is due to be released in August
I plan to look into that case as well and probably give my defender to my wife. However, I still think this case is worth what I paid for it. I have NEVER had an issue with it falling out of the holster even with having to do some running/jumping with it on. The only times I ever had the phone fall out of the holster was because I hastily put it in and didn't make that it got locked in. Even then it fell and the case protected it with no problem.

I've yet to see the ear piece edge issue...it hasn't bothered me at all, but I have seen the complaint from others even a friend that has this case.

The raised edges with typing I have had some minor problems with, but even with huge fingers that never seemed to do well with an on screen keyboard (coming from a TP2 with hardware keys) I adjusted pretty easily. The only times I've had problems with the raised edges is when I'm trying to text while in a hurry (like when driving...yea i know lemme lone!) or if I have been drinking. However, even with the edges getting in my way the keyboard still usually defaults to the word I meant to type so it goes well.

In all...the ballistic will have to SERIOUSLY outperform my defender for me to say the defender isn't worth it. And to be honest I am a bet iffy on a company that wants to compete with others, but is taking so long to get their product out. It isn't like specs for the device haven't been made available.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
I got one of these cases and it's already broken where the clip doubles as a kickstand. Go to put the phone on my belt and the clip catches.. try to unclip and it breaks.. Not only that had the phone fall out of the case already once. I'm returning it.. How can I trust the rest of the case if the holster plastic is not unbreakable plastic? Probably made out of cheap China plastic!

So any recommendations for alternative cases I haven't had this case for more than a week and I'm returning this defective junk case to Radio Shack to get my money back for defective manufacturing!
I also had the defender case for the evo 3d. I never had any problems with it but I sold mine cause it was too bulky. I recommend the seidio convert or active. They don't have the built in protector but the evo 3d does have gorilla glass so most people don't need a screen protector. The seidio has a nice clip and its not as bulky as otterbox. Especially if your willing to get the sedio active. Just got mine for only 39.99 with the clip and free shipping from mobilecityonline.com

Sent from my EVO 3D using PPCGEEKS Android App

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Accessories