PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: from lame-ass imagio, to incredible incredible!
Carrier: forced to verizon from alltel

bradhtc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
copy/paste on inc...?

why hasn't anyone mentioned the fact that andriod has a problem with copy/paste? I made the move from an imagio (terrible device, but WM 6.5/sense was great), to the inc. I love the change but I am still learning and reading about linux, etc. I have tried some of the copy/paste programs out there, but i can't figure out what to do with them! i can't understand why the base froyo OS doesn't allow touch and hold copy/paste in any field/ap like in WM. It feels limited to me in this area. Copy/paste seems to be a function built into each individual app, not into the froyo/droid OS. Some apps allow you to move text with share, but i need to select the info I need to move, not necc. everything. Is my understanding correct in this? I keep searching and reading and I can't find anyone addressing this, am I missing something? I also really miss the ease of moving from one feature to another in WM, such as getting from sms to email, to contacts etc with one swipe or menu list. Is there a way to add/customize froyo menu's or add/costomize touch and hold menu's in froyo/driod?
Old 10-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: copy/paste on inc...?

I have found the Incredible's copy and paste to be simple...maybe it's just me

Example: I go into my email, find the line I want to copy, hit menu, more, select text, simply highlight the fields and it copies automatically to my clipboard for pasting where ever i want.

Is that not simple enough or do you need more options?

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible