PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

bullhead00 is keeping up the good workbullhead00 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bullhead00
TP2 to INC...

So I dropped my TP2 the other day, cracking the screen. Called insurance to get it replaced only to find out that they no longer make the TP2 and can't supply me with a replacement.

I was offered what they called, a comparable alternative, the HTC Incredible. I sell phones for Verizon, so I know all about it already. I've just been with WiMo for so long, I feel like I'm making a major adjustment!

My phone is supposed to be delivered on Wednesday the 8th, so I've already been reading as much as I can about the INC and Android in general. One thing I haven't found is the option to play system sounds through non-stereo bluetooth headsets.

On my WiMo devices, I never needed a stereo bluetooth headset to listen to music, either through Slacker or any kind of media player on my phone. WiMo has an option in the Bluetooth settings menu/Advanced options/Audio Hands-free related settings, that lets you turn on system sounds, allowing you to listen to music/media through any bluetooth headset.

Does Android give you this option? This and losing my freaking keyboard with tilt screen is pretty much the main thing giving me grief about switching to the INC.

06 GTO Quicksilver/Red leather/M6, 1 of 104
Old 09-07-2010, 01:20 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: Sprint

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02
Re: TP2 to INC...

lucky you mines was just replaced at the store due to a non responsive screen I would love an android device for my tp2
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I literally just switched though temporarily since a friend is letting me borrow his Inc to see how I like it. The voice activation/music over bluetooth is fixed in 2.2 so you'll want that update as soon as you can, it was a dealbreaker for me till I found that out. As for the rest, it's too early for me to tell. But I can say that I WANT to be happy about it, the Inc is a pretty sweet phone. I'd still prefer a hardware keyboard, but it's probably time I learn to adapt. That's interesting that it's considered the like device, how they put little importance on hardware keyboards I'll never know. A like device to me is the same KIND of device. Same OS and structure, such as a slideout keyboard.

Last edited by oldpueblo; 09-07-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
I literally just switched though temporarily since a friend is letting me borrow his Inc to see how I like it. The voice activation/music over bluetooth is fixed in 2.2 so you'll want that update as soon as you can, it was a dealbreaker for me till I found that out. As for the rest, it's too early for me to tell. But I can say that I WANT to be happy about it, the Inc is a pretty sweet phone. I'd still prefer a hardware keyboard, but it's probably time I learn to adapt. That's interesting that it's considered the like device, how they put little importance on hardware keyboards I'll never know. A like device to me is the same KIND of device. Same OS and structure, such as a slideout keyboard.
There isn't a like device , they all have reached EOL (end of life). If you want a keyboard get the Droid X.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 09-07-2010, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2

parcou is becoming a great contributor

Been a TP windows user for many years....since the iPaq and I still have several of those... I am very disappointed in MS. Apple and Google have shot off and Google is biting the heals out of Apple even though they had a head start. I really like my DINC. Yes there was a HUGE learning curve for me coming from Windows...i am a business man so the keyboard was an adjustment and Mighty ROM with all the hacks was nice...

It has taken me weeks to learn how to root and hack the DINC not that it is bad from stock but when you have been with Mighty you want more. Soon it will be hard to find a hardware keyboard soon I took the leap...bottom-line look at the future it a social world (unfortunately) it is Google & Apple front stage... Will the new Windows 7 phone really be able to compete and create apps in that trashy Zune market...good luck.. The Driod Inc is mega powerful and then there is a whole other world after rooting it...
(retired) VZW TP
(retired) VZW 6800
Old 09-07-2010, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireles
Threadstarter

bullhead00 is keeping up the good workbullhead00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bullhead00

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
Thanks for the input. As far as the like replacement device, they did offer me an LG Fathom, which is the last windows phone with 6.5.X to be released until WP7 comes out. It has the Snapdragon, but I told them that an LG wouldn't be considered a premium device like my TP2 was. After that they said that they were willing to offer me any phone besides the Droid X. I didn't want the Droid 2 so my only other option was the Incredible, mainly because I knew there were already hacks and custom ROMs readily available for it. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm going to miss my TP2 with Energy Sense 2.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcou View Post
Been a TP windows user for many years....since the iPaq and I still have several of those... I am very disappointed in MS. Apple and Google have shot off and Google is biting the heals out of Apple even though they had a head start. I really like my DINC. Yes there was a HUGE learning curve for me coming from Windows...i am a business man so the keyboard was an adjustment and Mighty ROM with all the hacks was nice...

It has taken me weeks to learn how to root and hack the DINC not that it is bad from stock but when you have been with Mighty you want more. Soon it will be hard to find a hardware keyboard soon I took the leap...bottom-line look at the future it a social world (unfortunately) it is Google & Apple front stage... Will the new Windows 7 phone really be able to compete and create apps in that trashy Zune market...good luck.. The Driod Inc is mega powerful and then there is a whole other world after rooting it...
Yeah, I've been reading since the 7th when I found out I was getting the INC. I believe as soon as I get it tomorrow, it'll be immediately rooted, NAND unlocked, and flashed to the Virtuous ROM over on XDA. I might play around stock for about an hour just to get a feel of the phone and to see how limited the stock VZW ROM is compared to the custom.

Thanks for the replies and clearing up my bluetooth worries guys.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6875

gr8one2113 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: TP2 to INC...

I just made the switch! Been an HTC loyal since the Vogue. After months of tinkering and hours/months spent flashing Nrg roms, I finally gave in and got the Incredible! I will spend the next several hours playing and figuring out how to restore my contacts from xml. Hint hint anyone? I will be looking for an S2P like player, and a TCPMP version for Droid.
I will always love my tp2! Maybe I can use it for WiFi only. Off I go.

P.s. I wrote this from my D Inc.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah I really need a TCPMP type of media player. I listen to audiobooks and I need one that will resume where I left off when I open the app again or reset the phone.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2

parcou is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8one2113 View Post
I just made the switch! Been an HTC loyal since the Vogue. After months of tinkering and hours/months spent flashing Nrg roms, I finally gave in and got the Incredible! I will spend the next several hours playing and figuring out how to restore my contacts from xml. Hint hint anyone? I will be looking for an S2P like player, and a TCPMP version for Droid.
I will always love my tp2! Maybe I can use it for WiFi only. Off I go.

P.s. I wrote this from my D Inc.
Get RockPlayer off the Android market. I needed a player that played .flv files since I download lots of youtube stuff but this thing plays it all. This is what you need...the developer has a link here...

Beat them all since it plays sooo many formats..

http://rockplayer.freecoder.org/index_en.html
Old 09-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Lurker

smokeydriver is a n00b

My TP2 kept having issues. Verizon sent me a pre-owned TP2 the other week. The drop down arrow on the top right corner is missing, and even Verizon has no idea how that can be. They offered me the Ally and 1 other phone I can't think of, but refused to send me an Incredible. After calling the Executive Office and speaking to the VP of customer relations, they offered to let me purchase the INC & then issue a full refund AND allow me to upgrade again whenever I want by changing my upgrade date whenever I wish. My INC should be here Tuesday. I hope to have time to figure out this rooting stuff and just knock it out the second it arrives. This may not be the perfect place to ask, but I have one question regarding rooting- does it loose VVM or VZNavigator like putting MightyRom did on my TP2?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible