PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 03:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700,moto q ,samsung omnia
Carrier: Verizon

winstonwolf is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 to INC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhead00 View Post
So I dropped my TP2 the other day, cracking the screen. Called insurance to get it replaced only to find out that they no longer make the TP2 and can't supply me with a replacement.

I was offered what they called, a comparable alternative, the HTC Incredible. I sell phones for Verizon, so I know all about it already. I've just been with WiMo for so long, I feel like I'm making a major adjustment!

My phone is supposed to be delivered on Wednesday the 8th, so I've already been reading as much as I can about the INC and Android in general. One thing I haven't found is the option to play system sounds through non-stereo bluetooth headsets.

On my WiMo devices, I never needed a stereo bluetooth headset to listen to music, either through Slacker or any kind of media player on my phone. WiMo has an option in the Bluetooth settings menu/Advanced options/Audio Hands-free related settings, that lets you turn on system sounds, allowing you to listen to music/media through any bluetooth headset.

Does Android give you this option? This and losing my freaking keyboard with tilt screen is pretty much the main thing giving me grief about switching to the INC.
your incredibly lucky ..lol ..no pun intended , i called a day ago and they offered me the imagio or the palm pre ..smh ..both of those are inferior to the tp2 ..i'd jump for a chance to get the incredible..of course theres no keyboard but the incredibles processor and all the apps and continuous updates for android make up for that i think ..good luck with your phone
Old 09-16-2010, 04:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700,moto q ,samsung omnia

winstonwolf is just getting started

oh and also ..did u say or do anything special to get the incredible ???please elaborate ..lol.. i want the incredible really bad ..
Old 09-18-2010, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles
Threadstarter

bullhead00 is keeping up the good workbullhead00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bullhead00

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonwolf View Post
oh and also ..did u say or do anything special to get the incredible ???please elaborate ..lol.. i want the incredible really bad ..
Oh man, don't accept that garbage. Tell them you'd like to speak with advanced customer care. When they transfer you over, explain to them that they no longer make your phone and when you bought yours it was top of the line. Tell them that the devices that were offered to you are unacceptable replacement candidates. They told me that since I was unhappy with the ones offered to me, they were willing to offer me any device except for the Droid X.

Just act like you're extremely distraught that they can't send you your phone and ask them, "why am I even paying for insurance if you're not able to give me another phone like mine?!?". They'll try to make you happy.

06 GTO Quicksilver/Red leather/M6, 1 of 104
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

morrowa2 is just getting started

I'm in a similar situation. Last month took my TP2 into verizon store b/c it was in an endless reset loop as if the power button was constantly being pressed. They send me a refurbished TP2. Now it randomly shuts down when I close the keyboard or put the thing in my pocket. I don't want to get another refurbished piece of junk sent to me. First question is: does the insurance cover something like this new issue? Second: is it better to take the phone to a store or just call the insurance company? Third: any more tips on getting them to give me a DInc versus a lesser phone? I've held out as long as I possibly could, and I'm ready to give android a try.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible