PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6800 > HTC Touch Pro (Alltel!) > HTC Incredible
Carrier: Alltel -> VZW

Ed Zachary is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Home Screen Scrolls by Itself

The title says it all....

The Boss Lady's phone started "self-scrolling" the home screen today.
Whenever she wakes the phone, within 30 seconds (her display timeout) the home screen will scroll left or right until it reaches the end.
You don't have to touch the screen. Just holding the phone in your hand seems to trigger it. Rebooting didn't help.
Since I noticed the scroll seems to start sooner if the phone is moved, I tried the G Sensor calibration function. No joy.
I also tried setting her display timeout to 30 minutes and putting the phone on the desk. After about 15 minutes and no scrolling, I set the timeout back to 30 seconds.

Has anyone else's DINC done this?

Incredible, Android 2.1, rooted and s-off. Otherwise bone stock.
Same as mine and mine doesn't self-scroll.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible / Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

RdBrd83 is keeping up the good workRdBrd83 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RdBrd83
Re: Home Screen Scrolls by Itself

Mine does that every so often. Try wiping off the optical track pad. I just go back and forth over it with my thumb and that takes care of it. I'm guessing it gets dirt on it.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6800 > HTC Touch Pro (Alltel!) > HTC Incredible
Carrier: Alltel -> VZW
Threadstarter

Ed Zachary is becoming a great contributor

Thanks.
Her phone hasn't self-scrolled this morning. I may have wiped off the trackball while checking it out last night.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio/HTC Incredible

brandonpa is a n00b

When in Kindle my phone does the same thing it scrolls through pages as I am reading. Will try the wiping of the optical mouse. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible

BobC63 is a n00b

This was happening to my phone, but it was even worse than just scrolling. In addition to scrolling it was also acting as if I was pressing buttons all over the screen when I wasn't even touching it. Ended up returning it and getting a replacement. Now I wish I just thought of wiping off the trackball, but who knows if that was really the problem. Big pain to get a new Droid and have to re-install your apps and set everything up again. Even bigger pain when after doing that, you accidentally reset everything and have to do it once again.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC63 View Post
This was happening to my phone, but it was even worse than just scrolling. In addition to scrolling it was also acting as if I was pressing buttons all over the screen when I wasn't even touching it. Ended up returning it and getting a replacement. Now I wish I just thought of wiping off the trackball, but who knows if that was really the problem. Big pain to get a new Droid and have to re-install your apps and set everything up again. Even bigger pain when after doing that, you accidentally reset everything and have to do it once again.
Best program ive found that helps in your situation is called AppBrain. Its free in the marketplace and all you do is sync your programs with app brain and then when you do a factory reset. Just redownload AppBrain sign in under your google account and it will automatically give you a list of all the programs youve installed (paid and all, so you dont have to pay for them again) so after that its just pressing the ones you want to install...The only glitch ive found is that sometimes AppBrain will automatically install all your programs, other times you have to manually install them.

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible