PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc Trophy WP7, formerly Droid X, htc Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

t0adman is keeping up the good workt0adman is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Would you choose the Incredible again?

Hey all - I'm considering the Droid X or the Incredible. Based on your user experience, support by VZW, customize-ability through rooting, ROMs, etc, would you choose the Incredible again or go with the Droid X? Or another device? Why? (I'm moving away from WM5.6 on my Imagio - I can't handle this piece of sh!t OS any more). TIA.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible / Sprint Touch Pro

RdBrd83 is keeping up the good workRdBrd83 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RdBrd83
Re: Would you choose the Incredible again?

Absolutely. I came from a Touch Pro, and definitely don't regret getting away from winmo. I bought my Incredible before the X came out, so I'm probably a little bias, but I still prefer the slightly smaller feel of the Inc.
My previous 2 phones were HTC, and after experiencing the enormous support and customizations still possible on the older phones from sites like this one, there was no question my next phone was going to be something from HTC. I know I can be pretty confident that even though Gingerbread will more than likely never be officially released for it, somebody will get it working on the Incredible. Motorola just doesn't seem as friendly when it comes to that sort of stuff. I've have ran both versions of the 2.2 leaks since they came out, and haven't had any major problems.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro W/Windows Mobile 6.1

Dafrag is a n00b

Without a doubt.

I keep hearing complaints about bad reception and other minor problems.

I call the bad reception a minor problem because there are so few that are actually in a good coverage area to be complaining about the reception.

Another thing that I like to keep in mind is that some phones have UBER antennas and will get better reception that other.

I actually get MUCH better reception with my Incredible that I did with my last phone (I'm coming from an HTC Touch Pro).

Also, other problems that people complain about are SOFTWARE problems which are taken care of when rooting and throwing on a new ROM, although I would much rather wait for the acutal Incredible FroYo to come out before messing with any ROMs seeing as all custom FroYo ROMs for the Incredible are nothing but a hybrid that was not originally made for the Incredible.

I don't even know if I believe when people say that there was a FroYo leak for the Incredible by Verizon/HTC.

Just because someone had found a way to make a hybrid and call it a "leak" does not mean that it is an actual leak.

I'm not trying to be harsh.

Just wanted to put in my two cents.

Peace,

-Dafrag
Old 08-26-2010, 01:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio/HTC Incredible

brandonpa is a n00b

I would definitely keep the incredible over the droid x. The Incredible is slightly heavier and the screen is smaller, however, it is much faster than the droid x. I would assume that once rooted the droid x will probably be just as fast is not faster but for now the dinc is faster. The droid x screen is huge and thus the phone is larger as well. Almost to the point where it is too much for a portable phone. But I frankly don't like motorola quality and would buy the dinc regardless. Had too many problems with motorola and I strongly think that you pay for the name with motorola.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Would choose it again in a minute . Best smartphone I ever owned . Fast , smooth , plenty of power and memory and the latest software . Just a great phone.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 08-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i got the incredible on launch day and the X on launch day as well. you really cant go wrong with either one as they are pretty even for the most part. If you are a gamer the larger screen helps as does the GPU which is slightly better than the Snapdragon's. HTC Sense is a selling point of the Incredible though, however with all the different apps/widgets in the market, my X looks almost identical to how my Incredible looked. The bootloader on the X is still encrypted atm so no custom roms yet, but it runs so well I dont even see a need for them honestly, but that is a knock on the X. It really is a toss up man. Honestly if the X hadnt have come out, I would have been perfectly happy with the Incredible for a year.

@brandonpa: the X is extremely well built and the quality is top notch. I know moto had issues in the past but the are building some solid phones nowadays. and the incredible is not faster than the droid. they are about the same, if one is faster the differnece either way is so slight that it would hardly be noticeable.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio and Incredible

untitled is becoming a great contributor

As an Imagio user myself, I can think of one very good reason to go with the Incredible -- its batteries are compatible with the Imagio. So with a separate battery charger, I can just swap batteries and not have to plug the phone in as often.

I loved my Imagio, had a lot of fun with it, but the Incredible makes it look like a child's toy.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

This being my first android phone I wouldnt change it for the world. Regardless of the issues with the battery (which will change after I do this ADB pull), this is the only phone that ive actually been "Up to date" with as opposed to being a few years behind. I think ive officially fallen in love with VZW and Android.

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 08-29-2010, 03:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

normalguy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adman View Post
Hey all - I'm considering the Droid X or the Incredible. Based on your user experience, support by VZW, customize-ability through rooting, ROMs, etc, would you choose the Incredible again or go with the Droid X? Or another device? Why? (I'm moving away from WM5.6 on my Imagio - I can't handle this piece of sh!t OS any more). TIA.
Yes. As someone who just made the switch this week and finally quit Windows Mobile (Touch Pro 2) I would buy the Incredible again. At first I had buyer's remorse and was thinking that I should have purchased a Droid X but after playing with my friend's again today, I would stick with the Incredible. The Droid X was just plain laggy and the screen did not look as good as the SLCD in my Incredible. The AMOLED Incredible, which I also have on loan, is of course better than both, but the Droid X did not impress me and my friend was kind of bummed he didn't buy the Incredible after playing with both the AMOLED version and mine.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG G2
Carrier: Ting

D8nkE is just getting started

Came from HTC Touch Pro also. The incredible rocks and I would buy it again for sure. I was ready to get rid of my Touch Pro within 3 months of owning it and started counting the days til I could upgrade again. With my Incredible, I've had it 4 months now and I couldn't care less what's been coming out lately.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible