PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

schoust is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New to the Dinc and have some questions

Hey Guy's finally got my Droid Incredible and boy is it great! I am having an issue though with my active sync though. I was able to set up my sync to my server and get all of my contacts through Outlook express then I set up my G mail account and all of my info would sink with no issue Great! Then for some unknown reason it stopped syncing? It says that the is an error with the sockets?? I do have a VPN network. I am also having issues shopping for apps for some reason the when I buy something I can not complete the transaction with the credit card? It keeps saying there was an error and to hit the back button and try again? Anyone have these issues??
Thanks
Old 08-09-2010, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b
Re: New to the Dinc and have some questions

Wow No answers? No one has had these issues? Was I not specific enough? I figured out how to conect through tpo the VPN but It still will not sync my e-mail account from Outlook I am still haveing no luck buying any applications the system will not take any credit cards from me? And yes they are all good....
Old 08-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon tp
Carrier: verizon

kborer22 is a n00b

i honestly don't know enough about active sync to help you out, but have you tried buying apps with out being active synced. If you delete that profile from your phone and just leave the gmail account synced you may be able to narrow down the problem to something in active sync. Ideally you would test with just exchance/active sync, just gmail/google sync, and then with neither.

Another possible option for the market would be to add your credit card to your google checkout account via computer, and i am not sure of the limitations of that.

I also believe that android and active sync are not best of pals if you know what i mean. Like i said i don't use active sync/microsoft exchange, but i did come across this article that hints to some exchange problems.

http://phandroid.com/2010/08/10/issu...down-for-free/

hope those suggestions help, or give you some ideas anyway
Old 08-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: vzw

brif4i is a n00b

Don't know why you are trying to sync your mail/contacts through a VPN and outlook express. You should be able to setup your mail (either POP3/IMAP/EXChange/Gmail) through the mail client on the phone. For contacts and calender either use gmail or exchange and it is pretty straight forward and both can be setup with outlook to get get your info from there

As for the market issues, if you are rooted and runing one of the new froyo roms then there are some issues that you need to do to fix it. If not rooted and running froyo then you must be doing something wrong cause it is simple. Check XDA or android forums . com for answers this place is pretty slow on DINC info
Old 08-12-2010, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible / Sprint Touch Pro

RdBrd83 is keeping up the good workRdBrd83 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RdBrd83
When you say you set up gmail was it using accounts and sync or did you configure it with the mail app? My only guess is that it might be having issues trying to sync with Google and exchange if its trying to do contacts/calendar/whatever from both. That's only my best guess though.
As far as the market, like was already mentioned if you're on Froyo its had market problems, if not, I have no idea.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

schoust is a n00b

Thanks Guy's!
Update I figured out what was happening with the market I ended up going to the google check out and entering my Credit card info and that worked. I dunno maybe they want the money info to go right to the source? Heck I thought that I was at the source?Anyway my last and only issue is I can not sink or Vpn into my network through the 3G network?? When I am connected through the WWW WIFi anywhere I have no issue?? Its when I try to Vpn in through 3G is when I have the issues? Has anyone had this problem? I really need my VPN capability through 3g or Im screwed!
Please help!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible