PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Droid Incredible (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   Has anyone gotten the OTA update? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=128867)

eldrego 07-16-2010 01:24 PM

Has anyone gotten the OTA update?

I saw a few guys on the Androidforum updating to the new OTA, just wondering if anyone here grabbed it yet.

jbh00jh 07-16-2010 08:43 PM

Re: Has anyone gotten the OTA update?

They didn't get the update OTA , it was from a leaked file. Nobody on any of the android forums said they got the fictional OTA update today , it was always a friend of a friend on another forum , RIGHT!

QMeli907 07-16-2010 09:10 PM

It was a fake. No one got this. I wish though..

eldrego 07-17-2010 05:49 PM

Apparently they have a link to the leaked update i'd rather the OTA.

QMeli907 07-17-2010 07:16 PM

Im gunna wait for the OTA. I'm not going to try modding my Incredible. Did that with my touch pro 2. What a headache haha. Ill wait patiently

Btw, eldrego...I love the avatar! Thanks have been given for said awesomeness haha

RdBrd83 07-18-2010 12:46 AM

I installed the leaked version earlier today. I told myself I wasn't going to mess with this phone, but my curiosity got the best of me.

whetzel 07-18-2010 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RdBrd83 (Post 1871496)
I installed the leaked version earlier today. I told myself I wasn't going to mess with this phone, but my curiosity got the best of me.

And?

Come on, you can't just leave us hanging like that.

How did everything go?

RdBrd83 07-18-2010 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whetzel (Post 1871517)
And?

Come on, you can't just leave us hanging like that.

How did everything go?

It actually went easier than I was expecting. It really was as simple as just following the guide on android forums step by step. I didn't have many issues restoring all the apps and most of the settings from backup either.

My mini review:
I don't have an wireless-N router, so I can't comment on that aspect of it.
I need to try out the 720p in the daylight. Around my apartment it was pretty dim and the frame rate was pretty low. It's obviously no replacement for a video camera, but it's more than suitable considering it's a cell phone. Definitely an huge improvement over the standard resolution.
On average I'm definitely showing an extra bar of signal most of the time. I cannot honestly say it actually improved signal strength though. Watching the dBm it might be a slight improvement but nothing major. However, I did not have any issues prior to the update.
Call quality sounds the same to me, but again, I never had any problems with it prior to the update.
And it's probably all in my head, but Sense seems to be just slightly more snappy.

whetzel 07-18-2010 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RdBrd83 (Post 1871597)
It actually went easier than I was expecting. It really was as simple as just following the guide on android forums step by step. I didn't have many issues restoring all the apps and most of the settings from backup either.

My mini review:
I don't have an wireless-N router, so I can't comment on that aspect of it.
I need to try out the 720p in the daylight. Around my apartment it was pretty dim and the frame rate was pretty low. It's obviously no replacement for a video camera, but it's more than suitable considering it's a cell phone. Definitely an huge improvement over the standard resolution.
On average I'm definitely showing an extra bar of signal most of the time. I cannot honestly say it actually improved signal strength though. Watching the dBm it might be a slight improvement but nothing major. However, I did not have any issues prior to the update.
Call quality sounds the same to me, but again, I never had any problems with it prior to the update.
And it's probably all in my head, but Sense seems to be just slightly more snappy.

Cool.

Thanks for the mini review.

eldrego 07-18-2010 11:36 PM

I'm also tempted to do that manual update but I'll wait, also remember not to stack that manual update, you'll brick the phone completely.