PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Droid Incredible (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   Contact management/backup? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=128760)

eth3rton 07-15-2010 03:47 PM

Contact management/backup?

What do you guys use for contact management on your Incredible? Coming from a Windows Mobile phone and used to use Microsoft MyPhone... I was hoping there was something similar available for Androids.

brif4i 07-15-2010 05:02 PM

Re: Contact management/backup?

Google, exchange or there is a built in backup in the contacts menu that backs them up to VZW

BetaMan 07-16-2010 11:18 AM

Titanium Backup is a good alternative also. It will back up your entire device, but it requires that you have Root access.

mIQ Live 07-16-2010 07:57 PM

Have you checked out any applications?

The Free MIQ application from Best Buy is a pretty sweet app for contact and phone management. You simply download the app and it backs up your phone to a private online account. You can log in online and import contacts(like from outlook or gmail) or manually create them and they immediately push to your phone. You can also send texts from the web interface. The online page has a very basic set up and it is very easy to use and interact with.

Hope you check it out and it helps! Good Luck, and welcome to the Droid World!

akavalerie 07-20-2010 02:20 PM

I synced my TP2 to Outlook, then synced my DINC to Outlook and was able to transfer the contacts. The DINC is capable of using the VZW Back Up Assistant (as the Windows phones aren't) so I will use this going forward. Back Up Assistant is free if you have an online VZW account and automatically backs up your contacts I think daily. I've used it in the past with my other phones and it works really well.

yjbeach 07-22-2010 09:18 AM

Why wouldn't you save all the contacts via Google and not on to the phone. That is your built in contact manager. Without having to download anything. Plus if you get an e-mail on your personal computer with information you can update it right there in gmail contacts and it will download to your phone.

drtnsnw1 07-22-2010 02:40 PM

I don't have a google acct. or sync set up so when I needed my phones switched I went into the VZW store tand they told me they couldn't do it because there cables could not read my TP2 I called BS but what can ya do. I believe it being saturday night at 7:30 didn't help. I remembered that I had VZW backup asst. on my old phone so I found that and it ended up backing up almost all of my old contacts and all I had to do was go in and put the new ones I had in. It was very slick.
I then found HTC sync on the phone and now have backed my contacts up throught that to my computer

Chris

yjbeach 07-22-2010 02:56 PM

Ohhhhh. Well I suggest getting a google account, this phone works perfect with gmail, gchat, and google calendar.