PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Droid Incredible (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   HTC Incredible VZW - Able to change to CDMA Iusacell Mexico? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=128579)

bryancito 07-13-2010 07:42 PM

HTC Incredible VZW - Able to change to CDMA Iusacell Mexico?

Hi Guys,

New at this matter and just got as a gift HTC Incredible VZW and want to see if I am able to run it on Iusacell CDMA network in Mexico. The unit is ESN free and ready to run..

I have turned on and all ok. But want to know if there is something I can do to make it compatible with the network I mentioned or is it going to end up as a solo gadget..

Cheers,
Bryan

lightninjay 07-14-2010 01:44 PM

Re: HTC Incredible VZW - Able to change to CDMA Iusacell Mexico?

All technicalities and legalities aside, yes, it is possible to run the HTC Droid Incredible on your carrier.

It would involve cloning an ESN from the carrier's network (illegal) or asking the carrier specifically at activation if they will accept the ESN on their network (unlikely unless you have a really nice rep)

The cloning process is not allowed to be spoken about on this board or even linked to due to the fact that it is a federal offense and could get the board in A LOT of trouble.

So, short answer is, you CAN do it, but we here at PPCGeeks will not be allowed to help you do it. Sorry :(

bryancito 07-14-2010 02:12 PM

Hi Lightninjay,

Much appreciated for your honesty and the feedback. The most important thing is that I did not had to throw away a very valuable mobile as the money invested.

As for my luck, well that nice rep you mention.. I do have and already handed over to him and the techie is looking into it.

So I hope all goes ok. I already have a subscription with the carrier and want to transfer the active line to this new mobile. So i think there will be no problem.

If there is, then I will have to search the web for other method which name is not to be mentioned in this forum :silent:

Cheers,
Bryan

Adrianh85 07-14-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryancito (Post 1864441)
Hi Guys,

New at this matter and just got as a gift HTC Incredible VZW and want to see if I am able to run it on Iusacell CDMA network in Mexico. The unit is ESN free and ready to run..

I have turned on and all ok. But want to know if there is something I can do to make it compatible with the network I mentioned or is it going to end up as a solo gadget..

Cheers,
Bryan

as long as u can get them to add the esn/meid u can use any cdma device on any cdma network

then you will have to manually program it and probley use a modified prl to actually have non roaming cell service pull the prl from this site

charles Blake 04-27-2016 10:52 PM

my phone is an htc incredible adr6300 from Mexico and cdma on the Iusacell network and I need a lot of help. I can not find an ruu or stock rom that I can flash to my phone. Can someone please help me find a rom or ruu that I can flash to my phone. I need to be able to unlock my bootloader because I can not unlock it on the htcdev site. I can not upgrade my hboot. I have hboot 0.92 and need to upgrade it to hboot 1.02 or 1.07. I think if I can upgrade my hboot I can unlock my bootloader, s-off and supercid my phone. Can someone please help me!!!!!!!

this is the getvar information

INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 0.92.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 2.15.00.09.01
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: 0417
INFOversion-main: 1.22.605.2
INFOserialno: HT0BSHJ02718
INFOproduct: incrediblec
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8x50
INFOmodelid: PB3120000
INFOcidnum: UTSI_040