PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

daroga is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Charge & audio out in one cable / adapter?

Hi guys!

I'm looking to get an Incredible whenever Verizon can start shipping them again. However, I wondered about being able to have charging and audio out in one cable.

On my Imagio, in the car, I currently have this little adapter that plugs into the Extended MiniUSB port that then has a 3.5mm line out as well as a miniusb charging port on it. I think it was designed for the phones that didn't have the 3.5mm port built in, but it works just fine, and enables me just plug one cable into the phone when I get into the car and have it charge and push audio out to the stereo.

I've seen the TV out cable that looks like it might be a possibility with a little bit of tweaking, but if there's something simpler out there, I'd love to hear about it!

Thanks guys!

Last edited by daroga; 07-05-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

lightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stuff
Re: Charge & audio out in one cable / adapter?

Just wondering, but why would you also need an audio out when you can charge and then just plug your audio cable right into the 3.5mm jack on top of the Incredible?

EDIT: Ok, I just realized why. You want to have the ability to just plug in ONE cable instead of two. Well, unfortunately I don't have an answer to that just yet as I'm also waiting for my Incredible to ship. But I'll get right on looking for a solution for ya
Old 07-05-2010, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

daroga is just getting started

Yeah, it's certainly not a necessity but it would be easier, and cleaner (especially with the audio jack being on the TOP of the incredible which doesn't make any sense to me, but whatever).

An alternate solution that wouldn't be quite as clean but might work, is there a way that when the phone is upside down the screen is right-side up? I could put it into a holder upside down, the audio cable would then be coming out of the bottom and even the power cable would be a bit more ideally placed.

I dunno, anyone else want to post solutions they've done for an in-car setup that can easily have the phone pop out and take with you and pop back in and ready to roll?
Old 07-09-2010, 07:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro vzw6850
Carrier: verizon

tntkeith is a n00b

small velcro tabs are the best in car mounts.... i keep one on the center dash and one in the middle of my steering wheel.
they mount easily and remove completely as needed
Old 07-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work

I have the same set up in my car for my touch pro 2, and have wanted it to work with my incredible but so far haven't really found a decent way. I do know that the tv out cable that HTC just released has a port on the side for charging, so that would work, but not exactly ideal. The best thing in my opinion would just be an adapter that converts the incredible micro USB to the mini ExtUSB, and shouldn't be too awfully hard as they both have the same number of pins. This way I could just remove the adapter and still use it for my touch pro 2.

Alltel / Verizon

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible