PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Cricket

alfredo-x is keeping up the good workalfredo-x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Does Incredible work on cricket?

does anyone know??]
Old 06-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Re: Does Incredible work on cricket?

Yes from what I hear it works with full data services. Good luck on finding a cricket person to share intimate details or instructions tho. They like to keep things secretive.
~mike

Old 06-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
Yes from what I hear it works with full data services. Good luck on finding a cricket person to share intimate details or instructions tho. They like to keep things secretive.
~mike
Has been done, right now there are paid $ solutions that people charge for but really it's a Droid so it's fairly simple.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ok well i've already flashed a lot of windows mobile phones from verizon and sprint to cricket, so as far as the settings go, i know pretty much all the settings...

what i am concerned about is if the settings stick?
also is the EPST menu the same, or is there additional information i might have to put in it?
and would using CDMA Tools or QPST be the best way to do this?
also, how to unlock the phone? like is there an app that gives me the MSI code so i can open up the phone with QPST and then change it all to 0's

so that's my main concerns really... and if everything works trough cricket's proxy, or is there an app like ProxyCap that'll tunnel everything trough the proxy so that my e-mail and all other features work??

so i would really like more solid information please, like maybe a guide or something?

thanks guys!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredo-x View Post
ok well i've already flashed a lot of windows mobile phones from verizon and sprint to cricket, so as far as the settings go, i know pretty much all the settings...

what i am concerned about is if the settings stick?
also is the EPST menu the same, or is there additional information i might have to put in it?
and would using CDMA Tools or QPST be the best way to do this?
also, how to unlock the phone? like is there an app that gives me the MSI code so i can open up the phone with QPST and then change it all to 0's

so that's my main concerns really... and if everything works trough cricket's proxy, or is there an app like ProxyCap that'll tunnel everything trough the proxy so that my e-mail and all other features work??

so i would really like more solid information please, like maybe a guide or something?

thanks guys!
It's not as simple as windows mobile, although you will need a licensed copy of CDMA WS 3.5, there is the U2NL that works like proxycap but essentially it will take time. Sorry but I'm not willing to brake down the paid solution and post it. But what I will say is if you've fully flashed a Moto Droid or HTC Hero then you can easily do this.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

well i found this link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...15#post6840515

which is about the EVO, the guy doesn't even flash it, but apparently that worked. i also thought of doing that but some people said the settings wouldn't stick when you restart the phone? so i wasn't sure and i never tried it.

i have CDMA WS, i just need to know what i need to do so that i don't brick the phone.

i've never flashed a moto droid or vogue.

wow what is it with you people? many others more talented have reprogrammed phones, made HardSPL for the HTC TP2 and make roms for the whole community and you all get to download them and enjoy them for free, yet you find a way to do something and you want to keep it to yourself unless you get money? great way to contribute.

i don't need a breakdown, i'm pretty experienced i just need to know what steps have to be taken, that's about it.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc incredible and a diamond
Carrier: cricket

4218kris is just getting started

i really wish someone could do a tutorial on flashing/programing an incredible to cricket. all i have is talk and text and internet but no mms and apps will not work with internet..
Old 04-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

havek is a n00b

I would like to know if verizon phones work on sprints network? And do the settings stick? You know like we can do with all gsm phones on gsm networks.

Since no one is willing to share the steps on how to do this then please only respond if you have actually done this yourself from beginning to end at least 5 times. I dont need "i think so" or "i heard it can be done" as an answer. Those answers are not contributions.

Moderators, please insist on users providing real answers in these forums. You know people like "thacounty" or "iknowsquat" who know what they are talking about and provide real answers. That makes these forums maintain value and prestige. It also helps others like myself, so that we can obtain and in turn share valuable information and not try to make money or take credit from other people's efforts.

To everyone else, if i find the complete procedure be sure that i will find a way to post the steps. When I say "a way" i mean just in case this site does not approve of such a posting for legal or moral reasons. I totally respect the rules herein laid.

Last edited by havek; 04-04-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

you need the android plan (aka html data plan $55) it has no proxy to configure, and the apn configured to your phone number.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by havek View Post
I would like to know if verizon phones work on sprints network? And do the settings stick? You know like we can do with all gsm phones on gsm networks.

Since no one is willing to share the steps on how to do this then please only respond if you have actually done this yourself from beginning to end at least 5 times. I dont need "i think so" or "i heard it can be done" as an answer. Those answers are not contributions.

Moderators, please insist on users providing real answers in these forums. You know people like "thacounty" or "iknowsquat" who know what they are talking about and provide real answers. That makes these forums maintain value and prestige. It also helps others like myself, so that we can obtain and in turn share valuable information and not try to make money or take credit from other people's efforts.

To everyone else, if i find the complete procedure be sure that i will find a way to post the steps. When I say "a way" i mean just in case this site does not approve of such a posting for legal or moral reasons. I totally respect the rules herein laid.
no, they will not accept the esn from another phone companies phone for one.im sure that isnt a good enough answer for you though.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Droid Incredible